Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDude831

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Having a really weird issue here. When I try to update/change info on my phone through iTunes, these random Apple IDs pop up on my phone, asking me to put in my password. The problem is, it's like 7 different Apple ID's, none of which are mine, or are any ID's I recognize (except for 1, there is 1 ID I recognize). This never happened on my 3GS and just started happening tonight.

Anyone come across this before?

Blake480

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I'm having the exact same problem! Help! I think it has to do with itunes, and music you have that was bought under friends or families apple ID names. It won't stop. So annoying!

TheDude831

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I'm having the exact same problem! Help! I think it has to do with itunes, and music you have that was bought under friends or families apple ID names. It won't stop. So annoying!

That's the weird thing, there were actually 5 different IDs popping up on me, but I only recognized 1 of them. The 4 others were not mine, anyone in my family, any of my friends....they were some random people. I started deleting the other ID when it popped up and putting in my info over and over and it looks to eventually have stopped happening. but id still like to find out why this started in the first place.

PepperK

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
This clearly has to do with music that was bought under a separate iTunes account and authorized for you. I'm having the same problem.

DDMaKeeg

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
Las Vegas
Same thing!!

I am having the same issue! Its not about using other peoples accounts either. None of these emails addresses popping up are any that I recognize. I counted 15 different Apple ID's its asking me for the password. I've sent emails to all the people tonight, no replies yet.

When did it start happening on your iPhone? Mine started yesterday afternoon. I had my iPhone 4S syncing to my computer over WiFi and backing up to iCloud. I noticed something weird when I went to check my email after I woke my phone up. It was asking me if I wanted to download an app required for one of my bluetooth devices. I knew I had it installed, so I swiped to my next screen, and many of my folders and apps were missing over several screens.

I plugged it into iTunes and restored it. Then I had it restore my backup via iCloud. Once that was finished, everything looked fine. It wasn't until I started updating my apps, that it was asking for random Apple ID passwords. 15 total that I had to click Cancel on. It ended up updating all of my apps anyway, all under my account. I thought that would be the end of it.

I can replicate the issue if restart my phone and run updates. I get the same 15 Apple ID's.

I would be interested to know if any of the ones you are getting are the same as mine. They are all yahoo, hotmail, msn, live, and one other. Also see if you can replicate the issue by trying to update again.

This is really weird that no one else is reporting this issue. I have been looking on twitter to see if it happening to anyone else. Its gotta be something with iOS5, because this never happened before, but then again, it could be iCloud too.

TheDude831

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
This wasn't about different iTunes accounts that bought music, since as I said, every email except for 1 was not an email I recognized.

I was able to "solve" the problem. Every time one of these Apple IDs popped up I would delete the email addy in the field, put in mine, and put in my PW. Eventually this did the trick. I am not sure why, or why this was happening, but it's been 4 days now and I haven't had it happen again.

I have the email addys that were popping up written down at home (Im at work now). If the issue is still happening for you guys write back to the post & when I get home I'll find them.

helmsb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
This wasn't about different iTunes accounts that bought music, since as I said, every email except for 1 was not an email I recognized.

I was able to "solve" the problem. Every time one of these Apple IDs popped up I would delete the email addy in the field, put in mine, and put in my PW. Eventually this did the trick. I am not sure why, or why this was happening, but it's been 4 days now and I haven't had it happen again.

I have the email addys that were popping up written down at home (Im at work now). If the issue is still happening for you guys write back to the post & when I get home I'll find them.

Thanks for the tip! That fixed my issue. The addresses I had were definetly not ones that I've ever used and no one else has ever used my computer and bought anything in iTunes. One address was a Hotmail and the other was a Gmail.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
This clearly has to do with music that was bought under a separate iTunes account and authorized for you. I'm having the same problem.

Like if someone bought you a gift track or albums through iTunes? Or that you bought for someone else? I wonder if that shows up only in the purchase history of the giver, or they also put it into the recipient's purchase history.

Arshad029

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
:eek:
Having a really weird issue here. When I try to update/change info on my phone through iTunes, these random Apple IDs pop up on my phone, asking me to put in my password. The problem is, it's like 7 different Apple ID's, none of which are mine, or are any ID's I recognize (except for 1, there is 1 ID I recognize). This never happened on my 3GS and just started happening tonight.

Anyone come across this before?

Dear it is very simple to solve this issue, just delete the apps which you download before with other person's apple id and download again with you id.
Next time whenever this app needs to be update it will ask your id and password.

jbeck527

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
wonder if it has to do with the APPLE STORE?

same thing happened to me... Note I noticed this occur as soon as I backed up my iPhone to iCloud and then restore from iCloud all while IN THE APPLE STORE .... i wonder if it has to do with being logged into the Apple Store WIFI with other apple users. Did this happen to anyone else inside an Apple Store??

lethalg

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
Random Apple ID - not mine!

The same exact thing just happened to me on my iPhone 4S! I was going to update my apps, and an Apple ID that was not mine came up. It had a name that was one that I would have used before, but I have never used it as an Apple ID, and it was an email address @mac.com - which I've NEVER had and never used.
Very weird.
When I went to my laptop to check out my apple ID, it wouldn't let me go in with the ID and password that I normally use, so I had to end up changing my password.

Why did this happen in the first place?
It has nothing to do with anyone purchasing music for me, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.