Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you get your number ported today?

• Yeah, I had no problems

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Nope, no service yet

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
** THIS THREAD/POLL IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE SWITCHING CELL PHONE CARRIERS FOR THEIR IPHONE 4S**

Got the iPhone 4s. Transferring from T-Mobile to Verizon. Just wondering, if anyone got their number ported successfully today during activation? or having issues with numbers being ported today?

Verizon customer service wait times are about an hour, and its really frustrating. :mad:

Last edited:

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did, here is my story.

Pre-ordered 5 iPhones and took them all out of the box. 4 lines are being ported from tmobile and 1 from AT&T. Out of the box 2 tmobile lines were ported instantly. I was left with 2 tmobile and an AT&T line left. Took roughly half an hour on hold to get to their porting department and was told I'll get a callback within 24 hours. I found that it was ridiculously stupid since the 4 tmobile lines were all in the same family plan on the same account. How the hell do those jerks only port half of the account?

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did, here is my story.

Pre-ordered 5 iPhones and took them all out of the box. 4 lines are being ported from tmobile and 1 from AT&T. Out of the box 2 tmobile lines were ported instantly. I was left with 2 tmobile and an AT&T line left. Took roughly half an hour on hold to get to their porting department and was told I'll get a callback within 24 hours. I found that it was ridiculously stupid since the 4 tmobile lines were all in the same family plan on the same account. How the hell do those jerks only port half of the account?

You are porting to Verizon or Sprint? I am holding right now for Verizon's porting department since 2 hours. Yep, I am lucky I am in my free minutes time now.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Porting two numbers to Verizon, neither works and Verizon can't even find the porting status, even though they confirmed the numbers as released (from AT&T) earlier in the week. Verizon definitely has some issues with their "porting department".

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Porting two numbers to Verizon, neither works and Verizon can't even find the porting status, even though they confirmed the numbers as released (from AT&T) earlier in the week. Verizon definitely has some issues with their "porting department".

Called up Verizon, they told me their porting department was closed after being on phone with them for 3+ hours, and told me to call up 800-256-4646 to get in touch with porting department early in the morning to get my number ported. Good first impressions, Verizon! :rolleyes: I will refuse the pay the activation fees for this nonsense.

butzchan

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
In the same boat here with porting over to Verizon. Is this porting issue exclusive to Verizon?

brewcrew9

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
Verizon iphone 4s hell......

All,

I was a 16 year USCellular customer. I am wanted the iPhone 4g so, as a family we switched, but only after visiting the Verizon local store and being promised a smooth process. We did EXACTLY as they stated and bought a plan 10 days before we could even use it, so I could use this new Verizon number/Account, to preorder with Apple and simply add 2 lines.

My wife and I at 3AM central time, finally got through via Apple Phone sales, (internet orders weren't going through), and ordered 2 Verizon iPhones 64gb phones. At the time of ordering, we gave them all info , to switch numbers from us cellular, our current Verizon Account info, ect. It took over 30 minutes to give all the needed/asked information.

Fast forward to Friday, Oct 14th. We take our new phones to the Verizon store at 9:30 AM. After 3 hours of working with several people, Verizon tells me that APPLE, put a future date activation hold on my phones and that APPLE, would have to fix this issue.

So , I called APPLE , and after 4 hours and 5 transfers, (sometime to the same departments), they hand up on me and never call me back. Even though they took my number, in case of a phone disconnect, GO FIGURE.

Tired from the day, but excited to get my iphones to work, I called the local Apple store. They gave me a 5PM Genius Appointment. To make a long story short, after 2 1/2 hours with them, they can't figure out what is wrong and send me on my way with a 800 number to call first thing this morning (Saturday).

After waiting for 2 hours on hold, the 800 number was a verizon number for direct Porting of numbers. They explain that there is a KNOWN issues, (known to whom, I have no IDEA !!!!) They take my information and state they have engineers working on the issue and in 48 hours everything should work.

So After 10 1/2 conservative hours, I am no closer to getting my phones to work then before the release day started.

If anyone has any luck, please let me know!!!!!!!!!!

AluminumMonster

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
Bought two Verizon iPhones, had two new numbers issued (wanted to test them out locally and see if they had better coverage than AT&T), called the 800 number for the Verizon port center, 10 minutes later both phones were ported. No issues.

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Ok thanks guys I got up today to see my phone is now showing "Verizon". I guess I didn't have to call today, and the central server might have been jammed yesterday trying to port numbers. Just bummed my phone was unusable on the day of delivery. Good luck to those still waiting to get ported!

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Called Sprint last night and had my number from AT&T ported over... was up and running with the new number in about 20 minutes.

h0lydiver

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
received my 2 pre-ordered iphones from vzw around noon yesterday. Porting 2 numbers from at&t...

One of the phone's activated and the number was ported from at&t right away!

But the second phone would not activate and had to call verizon support. After an hour on the phone, they said my phone would be activated within 6 hours and the number be ported. I got a call back from verizon after 5-6 hours and my phone activated fine. However, I can now make outgoing calls but incoming calls still goes to my old phone. I was told that should be fixed within 3 days!

I am wondering if I should call at&t so they release my number?

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Voted no, no service yet. I do have service but cannot receive or send texts because something got botched. It is currently with the IT department to be handled manually. Not real confident it will get worked out today.

My port was from sprint to ATT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.