Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
I got my new iPhone 4S activated it as a new phone. All of my apps came over (as expected, but without any previous data) I did a restore of my 4S and this time did a back up pointing it to the previous backup of my 3GS. All of the data from my apps are now there, but I don't have Siri !!!

How can I keep all of the data associated with my 3GS such as Msecure password data or Awesome note notes without losing Siri?

brazil5376

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
I got my new iPhone 4S activated it as a new phone. All of my apps came over (as expected, but without any previous data) I did a restore of my 4S and this time did a back up pointing it to the previous backup of my 3GS. All of the data from my apps are now there, but I don't have Siri !!!

How can I keep all of the data associated with my 3GS such as Msecure password data or Awesome note notes without losing Siri?

you probably haver it disabled....go to settings>general>siri.....and turn it on

ready2switch

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2006
I was confused by Siri myself. My app came over but when I'd open it, I'd get some error message about not being able to retrieve data.

After some searching I discovered that the Siri app no longer works. You can just delete it. Siri is now where voice command used to be (hold down home button). You don't need the app/icon to have Siri on the i4S.

If holding the home button doesn't work, then check settings like the post above suggests, to make sure it's enabled.

sgear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks Brazil... I hadn't even thought to look there. That was the issue... Didn't think that they'd allow you to turn off such a magnificent feature...

Peace !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.