Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
This is great, I can make and send custom cards now, how fancy! I really want to send a card now that it seems easier than ever!

Braunmann

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Get Free Printed Cards online already!

So they receive a cheap, lame, empty gesture no effort picture.

At least with a card, you have bothered to get off your lazy ass and send something. Which means you have had to give it some thought.

Apple, single handedly making the world lazier.

Why is everyone getting so freaked out over this? There is ALREADY a company online, that does full printed cards, at about less than a $1 each, which is a 1/3rd the cost of Apple's high priced cards. AND you can have your own signature, and hand writing font, plus a full contact manager. Plus you can try it out for free, at http://www.iCardsRUs.com.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
This will be great for me. My girlfriend had to relocate 1500 miles away and I can't catch up until next year. I can brighten her days with a few cards. :)

KeJaMo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
the international issue

Immediate thought is the fact postage is centralised in US, so those of us in UK always pay international :( however although the cost of card and postage is a touch high it is not extortionate. the greatest issue though is the question of when will it be delivered. I would use this sort of service for a last minute thing when I cant get to shop or think I might miss my last post from local post box (the rather early time of 3.30pm) however the international question raises its head - just how long to get from the US to UK? Having placed an order on the 12th (around midnight UK time) I am told in my order email expect dispatch in 1-2 business days.

just had look at confirmation - says card=£2.71, shipping £0.59 and VAT@21% £0.69

last time I checked VAT was 20%, I want my 3p back!!!!

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
Notifications

Does anyone know why there is a notification setting for the Cards app in "settings" ? What would that app want to notify us about?

I sent one to my daughter within a few minutes of upgrading and I will update this post if I get some kind of notification.

Thanks

dgalvan123

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Does anyone know why there is a notification setting for the Cards app in "settings" ? What would that app want to notify us about?

I sent one to my daughter within a few minutes of upgrading and I will update this post if I get some kind of notification.

Thanks

I think you can have the Cards app notify you when the card has arrived at the local post office, and is likely to be delivered that day. They use USPS tracking information for that.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Eh - the app is nice - but doesn't look really finished. I think it needs a bit of a better UI/Menu system, some font choices, etc..

pusa

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2007
Shipping time frame

I'm confused about something. The help files on the app itself, it says "Cards mailed within the United States should arrive within 5 to 7 business days from the time the order is placed."

After placing my order, Apple has sent me my order acknowledgment through my email and it's saying "Ships: 1-2 Business days."

Huh?

anjonjp

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Unable to purchase

For some reason, the app keeps telling me that there is insufficient information in my account and that I need to go to Settings / Store to update it. No matter how much I update the information (which was already there anyway), it still gives me the same result. It also keeps asking me for my CVV number but fails to define what this is, although I assume this to be my security number on my credit card.

My circumstances are that I am in Japan and have set my language settings to English on my iPhone, although it is sort of half / half in Japanese. My iTunes account automatically seems to render my address in the Japanese language, although input is made in romanized script initially. As a means of finding a solution I did enter the address back into romanized script (everything else on the account is in romanized script), but to no avail. Interestingly, app purchases and iTunes store purchases all work with no issue from the same account.

Anyone know what the issue is?

rayjay86

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
I'm having the same problem as the above poster. I've tried multiple times on different days and after re-inputting ALL the info through settings --> store.
I get prompted or my CVV and then while it is "authorizing" itsaus insufficient info!!!

Last edited:

rayjay86

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
anyone figured this out? I'm using TouchNote now since it's cheaper but it would be nice to have all my stuff billed through one account (i.e.. iTunes)

anybodyreally

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
I'm confused about something. The help files on the app itself, it says "Cards mailed within the United States should arrive within 5 to 7 business days from the time the order is placed."

After placing my order, Apple has sent me my order acknowledgment through my email and it's saying "Ships: 1-2 Business days."

Huh?

Processing of the card, from receipt of the order, to printing the card and addressing it to mail will take 1-2 days. I'm sure orders are strived to be filled within the same day but it may depend upon when it was received. Weekends may take longer to process due to Sunday not having mail service. Then it should arrive to its intended destination within 5-7 business days of being mailed. I'm sure customer service can also clarify this further should you need it straight from the apples mouth.

anybodyreally

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
Let's hope they arrive quicker than your reply.

I dont hang out and live here like you have for the past 3 years. Having had some direct experience with this, I was trying to give someone possibly useful advice that might show up in a future search instead of your UK sarcasm.

VisoTal

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
I‘m a apple user from China. I am very very interested in this app, but now it is no use in China, because there is nobody printing such cards for us. When will it come to China? I am craving it.
Or rather, could you corporate with me? I can help you make cards in China and you will get profits. How does this app run. You just tell me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.