Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mdg1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
I grabbed the new update and it killed my connection to my car!
I can’t listen to my music or Pandora when I connect to my car stereo with a USB cable.

I downloaded IOS 5 on Tuesday- no issues- car connection was fine
I tried the new wireless sync with iTunes on Friday –no more car connection!

I think the way the iPhone connects to my pc/iTunes wirelessly to sync up, killed the “wired” protocols it used to connect to my stereo. I tried to connect to my wife’s car and no luck there either.

my stereo is the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT and my wife's 2010 G37 journey stereo , both worked fine when i connected my iPhone 4 with USB cable.

rozo

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Same issue, only the problem I have is via bluetooth, I haven't tried with a USB cable.

I have a 2010 maxima, so same parts as the G37.

Only strange part is that this issue only surfaced when I purchased the 4s on Friday, since June when I had ios5, everything worked fine.

Newfiebill

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Possible Fix!

Hi guys,

I had to delete the existing bluetooth sync and reset it. Go to options, delete current sync, open bluetooth on iPhone and reconnect with car. This is what worked for me. Hope it helps you....

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Very interesting - My 3GS still works fine on iOS5 with my suzuki swift, both on USB and A2DP. Your cars are far more advanced than mine, so I would suspect that it is a problem with the software, rather than the car. I'd recommend everyone with the problem do a clean install and then restore their data, just to make sure they have a clean copy of the OS.

David

Benbikeman

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
London, England
It's quite common to have to wait for a firmware update for the car stereo after an iOS update. Check on the manufacturer's website whether they have released one since iOS5 and install it once it's there.

Mdg1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Honesty is the best policy

Ever here of the ID-10-t Error? Well, thats what i got!

A buddy at work offered to help me out while we were on lunch break. He connected his iphone(IOS 5) and it worked PERFECT. We scratched our heads then looked at my iPhone at bit closer and found that were was NO music on my phone! During the sync i changed the settings and no music was synced to my phone. DUH!!!!!!! :p

Once i loaded all my music back on to my iPhone, it all worked. SORRY guys.

Good luck with your issues, i'm putting my head in the sand for a while.

rozo

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Guess my car just needed a power cycle/reboot. This morning the audio worked fine again, but the song and album details are hit and miss, i've seen it work, and at the moment it doesnt.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I grabbed the new update and it killed my connection to my car!
I can’t listen to my music or Pandora when I connect to my car stereo with a USB cable.

I downloaded IOS 5 on Tuesday- no issues- car connection was fine
I tried the new wireless sync with iTunes on Friday –no more car connection!

I think the way the iPhone connects to my pc/iTunes wirelessly to sync up, killed the “wired” protocols it used to connect to my stereo. I tried to connect to my wife’s car and no luck there either.

my stereo is the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT and my wife's 2010 G37 journey stereo , both worked fine when i connected my iPhone 4 with USB cable.

Got the same problem with my AVIC-Z130BT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.