Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
i thought as we are a creative bunch, we are bound to have photographer amongst us - so show us your gear

dscf15760mu.jpg

all wrapped in a lowepro mini trekker aw

ilford

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2005
Hah, that's very weird. My backup camera bag is exactly the same, right down to the lenses.

20D, 70-200F4L, 50 1.8. Only differences are I dont have a DV cam, and I also have an 85 F1.8 in the bag.

Weird....

But, I dont have any images of my bags. I use two, my Lowepro Dryzone 200 which holds my 1dMk2, 70-200 2.8IS, 85 1.8 (yes, I have two), 15 fisheye, 17-40L and 24-70L.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I have the same bag AL - that's quite funny. I'll have to post pics later.

But I'm surprised you didn't take a pic of the bag with the canon and combine the two :D

D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I don't have a camera to take a picture of the camera with. :(
(A second body is next on the list :D )

All stuffed in a Lowepro 600AW Stealth:

Canon 20D with BG-E2 Grip

Canon 550EX Flash Gun
Sigma EX 12-24/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM
EF-S 18-55 f3.5/5.6
EF 24-70 f2.8L USM
EF 28-135 f3.5/5.6 IS USM
EF 50 f1.8 II
EF 100-400L f4.5/5.6 IS USM
EF 500 f4.5L USM

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
For something a little different . . .

Here's one of the pinhole cameras that I built a couple years ago. It is basically a cube inside a cube. The outer one is the light-tight shell with an aperture in the centre of each face (so six apertures in all). The inner cube is a 6cm volume that supports the paper (specially cut from a 8x10 sheet). The focal length of each side is 19mm. Exposure times vary from about 2 min (bright outdoor) to several hours (indoor). The challenge with the camera is getting a decent exposure from each aperture (one of which might be pointed at the ground while another is pointed at the sky.) Good exposures therefore are subject to much trial and error. I built the camera so that it can be tripod mounted, and usually use it with my Manfrotto in inverted position so that the camera sits close to the ground under the tripod. Attached is a photo of the camera (without the top face is place), and one of an image (full image and closeup) taken by the camera.

Attachments

• sixcam2.jpg
    sixcam2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 103
  • PINHOLE3.jpg
    PINHOLE3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 115
  • PINHOLEclose.jpg
    PINHOLEclose.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 108

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
ilford said:
Hah, that's very weird. My backup camera bag is exactly the same, right down to the lenses.

20D, 70-200F4L, 50 1.8. Only differences are I dont have a DV cam, and I also have an 85 F1.8 in the bag.

Weird....

But, I dont have any images of my bags. I use two, my Lowepro Dryzone 200 which holds my 1dMk2, 70-200 2.8IS, 85 1.8 (yes, I have two), 15 fisheye, 17-40L and 24-70L.

:mad: backup bag indeed ;)

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
I have the same bag AL - that's quite funny. I'll have to post pics later.

But I'm surprised you didn't take a pic of the bag with the canon and combine the two :D

D

i was going to do that - but then i would have made the text really tidy and made the whole thing look perfect, i decided - do a scrappy version, then later do the whole perfectionists thing

now you mention it - it totally bugging me (the writing)

thanks for that ;)

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Young photographer here, this has the potential for a great thread. I need your advice as you all look like experienced photographers. I have a digi SLR and a veriety of lenses but I need a bag (ideally) tht can swallow the camera but also carry my Powerbook (17in) sercurely. Ideally I would go the two separate bag route but that is both costly and cumbersome when I need both. My idea is simply to remove the laptop when I don't need it. So ideally I need a camera bag first but one with room for a Powerbook to travel SAFELY when required.
The closest I've seen are some of the crumpler backpacks but I don't know how saft the laptop would be lying on pointy camera gear.
All advice and comments are welcome :)

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
I had a fuji s5000, was gr8, i had all the lenses and crap, but i needed something smaller, so yesterday i got the canon sd500.. reaallly nice..

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I would, but I haven't quite figured out how to make my camera detach from this plane of existence and take a picture of itself....

Given that someone can actually do this, how do they then go about posting the picture in a post?

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
psycho bob said:
So ideally I need a camera bag first but one with room for a Powerbook to travel SAFELY when required.
The closest I've seen are some of the crumpler backpacks but I don't know how saft the laptop would be lying on pointy camera gear.
All advice and comments are welcome :)

the computrekker from lowepro is basically the same as mine but with a sleeve attached to the back for your powerbook

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/allWeather/CompuTrekker_Plus_AW.aspx

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
pdpfilms said:
Given that someone can actually do this, how do they then go about posting the picture in a post?

you need to do this little bit of code

[ img ]www.thisisthelinktomyphoto.com[/ img ] (that but without the spaces)

if you have nowhere to host your images you can use http://www.imageshack.us and copy the direct image link and replace where i have written http://www.thisisthelinktomyphoto.com

then post it in thread and it will appear

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I'm jealous of the 20D owners. I'm selling my D70 and a bunch of lens to get the cash to buy one.

I'm disappointed by Nikon's colors and the FujiFilm S3 Pro just doesn't cut the mustard, so I'm going to try Canon. The 20D looks very very nice :)

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
5300cs said:
I'm jealous of the 20D owners. I'm selling my D70 and a bunch of lens to get the cash to buy one.

I'm disappointed by Nikon's colors and the FujiFilm S3 Pro just doesn't cut the mustard, so I'm going to try Canon. The 20D looks very very nice :)

its a pretty awesome camera and canon do some awesome lenses, te 20D isnt in the same ballpark as the 1d/s markII but imo its the best of the rest

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I love my 20D - I just need to get a few more lenses. I have a Tamron 28-75 2.8 that's fantastic, though. You can see some of my recent pics in my Surreal Thread

There are two pages now, I just added the second one this morning.

D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
evil_santa said:
My 1971 F1 with 28mm / 135mm / 50mm
F1.jpg

and my 1980s A1 with flash & MD with 300mm
a1.jpg

pic took with ixus ii

I believe I have the same Canon camera body like you! Those are the best. All these new digital cameras are so overrated. My Canon is still working great even after all these years!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Lacero said:
I believe I have the same Canon camera body like you! Those are the best. All these new digital cameras are so overrated. My Canon is still working great even after all these years!

There is something to be said for film, but digital is just so much more easy to use. No film, no processing and you can take quite a few shots, much more than film before changing the CF card.

For me, I still have 1000s of slides that I have to go through and scan - its quite tedious. So even in a few months I've saved tons of time and money on film and processing (although I've spent more time on the computer).

D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mr. Anderson said:
There is something to be said for film, but digital is just so much more easy to use. No film, no processing and you can take quite a few shots, much more than film before changing the CF card.

For me, I still have 1000s of slides that I have to go through and scan - its quite tedious. So even in a few months I've saved tons of time and money on film and processing (although I've spent more time on the computer).

D

I still have tons of film and slides left, too, but I've digitized all of them. Digital just brings in a whole new creative aspect to the art that is wonderful. You really have full control, which is nice. I also think digital allows people to quickly learn how to take better pictures. Since you're not all afraid to blast away taking pictures...

My $.02

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
my favorite

You can' beat the classics. Still looks the best…still is the best.

Attachments

• M6-mail.jpg
    M6-mail.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.