Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Honestly I'm afraid of going past 2GB or not having enough minutes to talk and being fined for it. I mean... It doesn't seem like Sprint cares so I might as well switch, but to have limited Data is the one thing that is stopping me.

docgerrard

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I have Sprint and would change in a heartbeat if I was not on a family plan.

Who cares about limited data when Sprints unlimited data is unusable for so many (maybe you are one of the lucky ones)

I can't even use the app store when I'm on 3g since it takes almost a minute to load it up

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I gather you have unlimited everything right now? do you at least get a bill with the minutes and such broken down? can you sort out a good starting point?

I believe, but don't quote me, that you can change your plan without a contract change if it looks like you pick the wrong one to start. That will cut down on the big bill surprises a bit.

Good luck!

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I gather you have unlimited everything right now? do you at least get a bill with the minutes and such broken down? can you sort out a good starting point?

I believe, but don't quote me, that you can change your plan without a contract change if it looks like you pick the wrong one to start. That will cut down on the big bill surprises a bit.

Good luck!

No I'm on a family plan. Basically a representive of Verizon told me to avoid the cancel fee and even get a new number to put a normal non smartphone under my number, bring the iPhone 4S that I bought full price and activate it under them with a new number.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
No I'm on a family plan. Basically a representive of Verizon told me to avoid the cancel fee and even get a new number to put a normal non smartphone under my number, bring the iPhone 4S that I bought full price and activate it under them with a new number.

I'm not sure I'm following your post, BUT, you can't use a Sprint iPhone on Verizon. The CDMA phones are carrier locked, so you need to return the phone to sprint and buy the Verizon one.

So you don't have anything with minutes on it to help you sort out which plan to pick?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
So how would I return an iPhone 4S I pre-ordered through sprint and got through UPS?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Eh.. seems like a lot. I think I'll just deal with it...

----------

So why did that Verizon person tell me I could just switch Sim cards or whatnot since it's a global phone?

swester

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
In the few days I've been on Sprint with my 4S, it has improved dramatically (from under 100 kbps to over 1mbps). I'd say stick it out. Over the long run, the savings sure as hell add up. And unlimited data is a nice asset to know you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.