Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeyC33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
I tried to update my apps in the app store and I get "you have not verified your apple id". I check on myinfo.apple and my account is already verified. I tried changing the email and verifying it again and get the same message. Any ideas whats going on its very frustrating???

ronoman

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2007
I had a similar issue with trying to verify my apple ID for iCloud. Tried everything. Ended up calling Apple iphone support. They were able to fix it. Had some conflict with at previous email address that was no longer used. It kept sending the verification email to the old email. After they switched it, it verified.

thirteen1031

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2004
I tried to update my apps in the app store and I get "you have not verified your apple id". I check on myinfo.apple and my account is already verified. I tried changing the email and verifying it again and get the same message. Any ideas whats going on its very frustrating???
Yeah, this kinda thing has been happening a lot and it's both a mess and a headache. Most of the time it has to do with people having multiple id's and emails different from the id's. Also, id's that have a credit card number attached (and can buy things from the store like apps), and id's that don't and email addresses that don't look like the id..... One has to keep it all straight--what emails go with what id's, and which id's can pay for stuff--and you have to make sure the right id is in the right place.

First question. Did you go>settings>store and that is where you put in this id? If it's only in something like your mail account and such it won't fly. You have to way down and make sure that's the id in "store."

Assuming you did that, did Apple say send you an email on how to verify? What happens is, you put in an id. Apple either verifies it, or says "Sending you an email." If they sent you an email but you didn't get it, it's possible that it got lost among the spam filters. Check and see.

Assuming you did get an e-mail and followed the instruction and you're still not verified--though, obviously, your info says you are so what's up with that, right?--well, it's probably time to call Apple.

Hope this helps!

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
As of just a few minutes ago, I no longer get this error (I had been getting it for 3 days). I am now able to purchase and update through the iTunes store again (I did have to log into the account again first). Works both on Macs and iOS. Seems Apple fixed something on the back end. Try it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.