Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha everyone,

I have a playlist for my daily drive to and from work (I spend about an hour each way), and I manually set it up, as some of the podcasts I enjoy are daily, and some are updated at other times. When I add a new podcast to the playlist, it goes to the bottom of the list. After everything is added, I select the new tracks and drag them to the top. At least that's what I did until this morning.

I was able to select the newest tracks, but I was prevented from dragging and dropping them in that same window. In other words, it looked like a normal drag and drop window, with a blue selection border around the content portion of the window. Instead of seeing the blue horizontal line and the table cell containing the trace data that I normally see, it looked like a drag and drop cluster you normally see in the Finder.

BTW, I'm using the latest available build of iTunes, but have been using it since its release last week. This is the first time I've experienced this issue. I just checked other playlists, but this one seems to be the only one affected. I can do a "nuke and pave" (delete and recreate, which is the Micro$oft way), but I'd rather figure out what happened to this particular playlist. If anyone has any information that may help me understand what happened, I would be eternally grateful :D

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha again everybody,

I executed the "nuke and pave" option and everything is working normally. This morning, the playlist synced over to my iPhone, but all the tracks were in reverse order. Once I deleted, then recreated the playlist, I was able to get everything over and in the correct order. I am still unsure what happened to that one specific playlist, but everything is now right with the world :D

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
This is usually the result of having selected another sorting method in the playlist, such as Title, album, etc. If you click above the song number at the far left of the header, it should then allow you to drag titles around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.