Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Hello,

Dunno if this was posted or not, but anyone else experiencing issues with LED notifications not working? I have a iPhone 4s

I went into general in settings and then accessibility to turn on the setting. Since then I do not get anything to light up when i receive calls/text, etc

I powered off phone and powered on, and no luck still

Any solutions are appreciated

CdnMacJen

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Have your phone lying face down on the table and you'll see the notification. I didn't think mine was working either until I did so...and the camera's flash is the LED notification.

IcyStorm

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010
Apparently it blinks once when you receive the notification. It does not continue flashing.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I have an iPhone 4. Sometimes, it'll blink and sometimes it won't. When it doesn't, I have to go to settings and switch it off and on again for it to work. Eventually, it'll stop working again and I have to repeat the process. Let me guess.. the led notification is in beta as well.

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
I'm having problems as well. I go and turn it on and it will work for maybe an hour or so but then it stops working and the only fix is to go into settings and turn it off and back on, this is really annoying.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
my first iphone 4s led notification worked fine but the home button was defective- the replacement phone has the broken led notification- really annoying...

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Mine works just fine. White iPhone 4. It does not however blink once, it blinks three times in rapid succession for anything that isn't a phone call. For phone calls it blinks until you answer or dismiss the call.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

LED notification is VERY unstable and buggy. A ton of people I know with 4S's all have the same problem as I do. Works for a bit (minutes or hours) and then just stops working. Thought it was addressed in 5.0.1, but apparently not.

zephxiii

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Damn I didn't even know this was possible with non-JB OS.

What they should do is implement LED light into the home button to light up the square for notification...kinda like what nokia did with Dpads.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Apple's LED notification is a joke, just a patch instead of a solution!:mad:

Maybe the 5 will have a real DEDICATED notification LED. How hard would that be?

And for those who will be disturbedby this new LED, I am sure you will be able to shut it off!:apple:

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Apple's LED notification is a joke, just a patch instead of a solution!:mad:

Maybe the 5 will have a real DEDICATED notification LED. How hard would that be?

And for those who will be disturbedby this new LED, I am sure you will be able to shut it off!:apple:

A dedicated notification LED is the main thing I miss from my Android phones.

nemacman

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

tigres said:
until I saw this thread re-born, I had forgotten I had it on. No workie here as long as I can remember.

I forgot as well. I never remember it working but I went and toggled it off and on and now it works.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Such a simple thing we request from Apple, hard to believe that with a new designed iPhone 5, they can't toss in a LED that would cost them less than a buck!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.