Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BacklitFirefly

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2009
Sandhills Area, North Carolina
I have to say, I am really loving the Apple case. The ability to fold it into a great position for typing in landscape mode is it's greatest feature, with that nice Apple logo coming in a close second :p

I am planning to do some reading later on, without the case, just to have that tactile experience.

ApplEngineer

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Talking about cases or accessories in general. Did anyone see if they had a decent amount of 3rd party accessories at the apple store? I bought my iPad at best buy and they didn't have much. Wanted to stop by the apple store to check out what they had. Thanks

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I got the Belkin clear grippy case thing.. Provides some nice grip and protectection to the back side. I'm sure there will be 50 or so other products that come up but for now the whole sexiness of the ipad is holding it in it's slim factor..

SebZen

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
I can't fit my iPad right into the apple case. The ports and the holes on the case don't line up. It's so bad the speaker is completely covered. Did I get a bad case?

tobyringle

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
I can't fit my iPad right into the apple case. The ports and the holes on the case don't line up. It's so bad the speaker is completely covered. Did I get a bad case?

It's definitely a tight fit. You just need to press it into the sleeve more. Yes, the speaker is partially covered, but doesn't seem to affect the sound much.

Diet Pepsi

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2010
Tucson
I made a sleeve for mine, today. I was going to make it out of denim and then I discovered that it fits right in a piece of pant leg. Ha. All I did was sew one end shut. I left the other end open (the hemmed part.)

It works for now.

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
Talking about cases or accessories in general. Did anyone see if they had a decent amount of 3rd party accessories at the apple store? I bought my iPad at best buy and they didn't have much. Wanted to stop by the apple store to check out what they had. Thanks

They carry several sleeves by belkin and incase. That was the extent of the 3rd party accessories at my local apple store. Everything else was the apple branded accessories.

SebZen

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
It's definitely a tight fit. You just need to press it into the sleeve more. Yes, the speaker is partially covered, but doesn't seem to affect the sound much.

Sound is noticeably flatter for me. Hmm the case position flap is so nice though!!

ronclick

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I have the Apple case and it works great for standing it up but i would prefer a different case for just having it in my lap.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
There are a fantastic range of products on amazon.co.uk for :apple: ipad protective cases you should try. I use them myself and would recommend them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugg-Leath...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303749598&sr=1-2

and also try,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iPad-Snugg-...I09W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303749654&sr=1-2

Snugg get really good reviews for their cases, certainly the UK reviews are all positive. They look good and are decent quality for a very decent price.

Gozerian

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2011
Good list! There's a ton of ipad accessories. So far, I like the Soul Sleeve the best. It's pretty cheap and I prefer soft fabrics. I was thinking about getting the DoDo Case but I dunno, it seems like there's a ton of those types of cases now. Anyone like it?

Piliczky

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
like kalex said,why dont you post the real world pictures
here's mine
di-VGVC.jpg

I got this Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 2 from http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=48 and they ship hella quick.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.