Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

designjohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Hi,

Is anyone else having the following problem?...

Both my macs upgraded to 10.7.2
iPad and iPhone updated to iOS 5

Mobile me switched to iCloud online without any problems.

Email, calendars and contacts working fine and seem to be syncing between devices.

However, trying to enter my iCloud username and password (old .me address and password) into iCloud on iPhone or iPad in order to sync Pages and Numbers documents causes the system setting to crash with the warning "iCloud User name or password is incorrect" see screen shot.

Not only doesn't it accept the password, but it causes system setting to freeze permanently.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,367

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I am having the same problem....

I am getting error message on my phone and on my mail program on my mac. I know I am entering the right password.

tlstafford

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2010
Crossed Accounts

I'm having a similar problem. My Mac and iPad are set up on my mac.com account and the iPhone grabbed onto the me.com account during setup. When I attempt to enable mail in iCloud on the Mac and iPad, it asks me to create an email account, in which case the me.com email address is "already in use" and I'm certainly not going to create another one. When I turned mail on in the iPhone, it came on just fine. This is really hurting my head. I know Apple isn't going to merge those accounts, but things like Reminders aren't being shared like they should. The frustrating part is, I didn't do this. "IT JUST HAPPENED" during the setup.

topmac

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
iCloud User Name or Password is Incorrect

When trying to enter my correct Apple ID and password multiple times - that I am 100% sure is correct - because I use it every day and have successfully connected other devices to iCloud - it pops up the following message:

iCloud
User Name or Password is Incorrect

It will not let me click the "OK" button to make the message disappear. Every time I open the "settings" there is the error message that will never go away.

So, I have to totally shut down the iPad and try again - only to get the same error message that won't go away....again and again.

What do I do?

topmac

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
Here is the solution

The solution for the iCloud incorrect user name or password error is this:

On you iPad or iphone

1. Settings
2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Delete your existing email account (by clicking on the existing email address and then clicking to delete it).
4. Go back to Settings > iCloud.
5. Add your iCloud account.

Worked for me right away after two days of frustrating attempts.

DemonicZeus

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Indonesia
The solution for the iCloud incorrect user name or password error is this:

On you iPad or iphone

1. Settings
2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Delete your existing email account (by clicking on the existing email address and then clicking to delete it).
4. Go back to Settings > iCloud.
5. Add your iCloud account.

Worked for me right away after two days of frustrating attempts.

Thank you very much :D

got frustated also for almost 1 week and solved it

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-6.301325,106.682485

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.