Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illigme09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
I am in India on a study abroad program and Facebook is my main source of communication with my friends and family back home. Last night I noticed that when I tried to get on FB it would just stop making progress after about an eighth of the loading bar. However, every other website has been working just fine. I just assumed that FB was having problems and would be back up soon so I went to bed.

I am still having the same problem today, all of the other sites work fine but facebook just WON'T load AT ALL. It won't even register as facebook on the tab, it still says Top Sites. I have a Macbook Pro, run Safari, and have TATA Photon Mobile Broadband internet. My computer is fully updated and I tried clearing my history and all cookies but it has not helped.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

lighthouse_man

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2005
Can you access it from Chrome or Firefox? If not then talk with your service provider, if it's at school talk to the Internet technician, they could have a proxy installed to stop people from going on certain sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.