Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
im not sure what to do..ive loaded the custom firmware a few times and after i attempt to jailbreak it gives me the loading circle

please help!!!

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
im not sure what to do..ive loaded the custom firmware a few times and after i attempt to jailbreak it gives me the loading circle

please help!!!

You have to restart with your phone connected to redsn0w. Make sure your phone is still on, connect to your comp, THEN turn the phone off. Open redsn0w and click "extras" and click "just boot" and follow the instructions on the screen. You will have to do this every time you reboot your phone (until an untethered jailbreak is available)

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
thing is that after it jailbreaks..it attempts to boot the phone..the apple symbol comes up..then the loading circle..and it stays on the loading circle..so even right after i jailbreak the home screen never loads..it just gets stuck on the circle

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
thing is that after it jailbreaks..it attempts to boot the phone..the apple symbol comes up..then the loading circle..and it stays on the loading circle..so even right after i jailbreak the home screen never loads..it just gets stuck on the circle

Its okay, just follow the instructions on the redsn0w screen under the "just boot" option (like hold the power button for 3 seconds, then the home button and power for 10 seconds, etc etc). It'll still go into DFU mode and boot up your phone.

Edit: your phone doesn't HAVE to be off. The steps above will force it to restart.

np34

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I'm having the same problem, except I DO put it in DFU mode. redsn0w recognizes it and does it's thing when I click 'just boot', and I see the pineapple and all that on the screen, but then it just freezes on the loading circle...

The weird thing is that my computer still sees it as an iPhone and I can access the photos and stuff... Just no homescreen. I should add that this happened after I upgraded AppSync, BiteSMS, and a theme from Cydia and it froze on the 'reboot springboard' portion...

np34

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
try turning it off again and going through the boot cycle again?

I power-off my phone completely by holding the home+power buttons, that's what you mean right? Then it turns on automatically when I plug it in and I enter DFU mode from there... Still a no go.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I'm having the same problem, except I DO put it in DFU mode. redsn0w recognizes it and does it's thing when I click 'just boot', and I see the pineapple and all that on the screen, but then it just freezes on the loading circle...

The weird thing is that my computer still sees it as an iPhone and I can access the photos and stuff... Just no homescreen. I should add that this happened after I upgraded AppSync, BiteSMS, and a theme from Cydia and it froze on the 'reboot springboard' portion...

The exact same thing happened to me. Sorry bro, you'll have to restore. :(

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
@np34 Just found this. Check this forum (link), others are having the same issue. It seems that upgrading appsync deletes a file that the phone needs to start properly. There may be a way to install that file using iFunBox, but I don't know the exact steps. It seems it works for some, and not for others.

Last edited:

np34

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
@np34 Just found this. Check this forum (link), others are having the same issue. It seems that upgrading appsync deletes a file that the phone needs to start properly. There may be a way to install that file using iFunBox, but I don't know the exact steps. It seems it works for some, and not for others.

That's incredible, thanks so much! I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try it and post results.

mahesh4914

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Its okay, just follow the instructions on the redsn0w screen under the "just boot" option (like hold the power button for 3 seconds, then the home button and power for 10 seconds, etc etc). It'll still go into DFU mode and boot up your phone.

Edit: your phone doesn't HAVE to be off. The steps above will force it to restart.

man thanq for ur response....after stuck with loading circle,i have done just boot process.....it gets to the home screen well n gud...but believe me there no icons.....only youtube n newsstand show up.........please help me on this...everythings fine except i dont get icons.....it sounds weird...but its true......

shadowtm

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
same problem.

Hi guys, I'm also sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I'm having a similar problem.

I have an iPhone 4, that was on iOS 5.0.1, I tried to jailbreak it using the latest redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on mac. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working again but it is stuck on that loading circle, but the circle itself doesn't do anything, it just hangs as if it stalled. I can do the hold power/home button and reset it, turn it off, i've tried restoring through iTunes and booting through redsn0w, but redsn0w kept giving me an error saying it didn't recognize the firmware or something, probably because it wasn't successful and is still at 5.0.1, but now I can't even put it into DFU mode, it keeps going to the iTunes USB cord restore screen, but still won't restore...

Can anybody help me with this? A little frustrating..

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Hi guys, I'm also sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I'm having a similar problem.

I have an iPhone 4, that was on iOS 5.0.1, I tried to jailbreak it using the latest redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on mac. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working again but it is stuck on that loading circle, but the circle itself doesn't do anything, it just hangs as if it stalled. I can do the hold power/home button and reset it, turn it off, i've tried restoring through iTunes and booting through redsn0w, but redsn0w kept giving me an error saying it didn't recognize the firmware or something, probably because it wasn't successful and is still at 5.0.1, but now I can't even put it into DFU mode, it keeps going to the iTunes USB cord restore screen, but still won't restore...

Can anybody help me with this? A little frustrating..

connect usb cable en follow instruction on redsnow.

you need to point to the 5.0 firmware (not 5.01) you can do this in extra's, select ipsw and point it to the 5.0 ipsw.

you can also download the newest redsn0w 9.9b9 which doesn't need the above procedure

shadowtm

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
connect usb cable en follow instruction on redsnow.

you need to point to the 5.0 firmware (not 5.01) you can do this in extra's, select ipsw and point it to the 5.0 ipsw.

you can also download the newest redsn0w 9.9b9 which doesn't need the above procedure

I tried redsn0w again, but it still seems to give me the same issue, I've gotten it to restore in iTunes after turning off settings in tiny umbrella, but I'm unable to jailbreak at this point. I'm trying to perform a jailbreak on the device, and I just tried with what you mentioned above, and it resulted in the same thing. Apple logo and then hangs at the circle. I'm able to restore out of it every time now though so I can keep trying at least.

I'm trying to perform a jailbreak on the device, and then use this guide to unlock

http://techbend.com/2011/12/02/ios-5-0-1-unlock-iphone-4-3gs-baseband-04-11-08-ultrasn0w/

I can't try the unlock though until i'm jailbroken. There still must be something i'm missing or doing wrong.

UPDATE: I fixed the issue using the just boot option in redsn0w after it started hanging, I put my iPhone into DFU mode which wouldn't work previously as it kept going to iTunes restore. However, once I got it I used the latest version of redsn0w 9.9b9 and it worked, i was using the b8 before. I also got this to work on my current 5.0.1 IPSW.

Thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated and solved my issue!

Last edited:

lippertconner

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2012
I know this is old but I'm having the same problem and I can't restore it I've done everything and it just keeps going back to the loading circle screen. Please help!

anneazrn

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
I don't know what to do. I want to cry

So i'm on IOS 5.1 and i installed in the thethered jail break. I downloaded this hidden sms thingy and my phone turned off. so i learnt that i had to 'just boot' it. so i've been doing that a couple of times now but then after 'just boot'-ing it, i got stuck on the loading circle for quite a period of time and then the whole phone just restarts again. Which obviously means i have to just boot it again. It seems to have not been working and my apps are crashing. WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO?! I've followed those dfu steps and so on.

katetoms

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
same thing with me

Glad to hear it :)

hi,
The same thing happened with my and i have rebooted it a few times and followed your instructions. i just did the teethered reboot and this time the pineapple icon came on instead of the loading circle, but after it went back to the loading circle and stays there and keeps vibrating. now what do i do im really worried! please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.