Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Gentlemen (and ladies with a French upper lip),

I've started a Movember team. If you don't know what Movember is feel free to check out the website, or in short - You get a clean shave on Halloween and then get people to sponsor you to not shave your mustache for the entire month of November. All proceeds go towards prostate cancer research.

Here's a link to my team (The Classy Lips). I'd love to have to MRers join the cause. Thanks.

Edit: Also please feel free to invite anyone you know to this, it's a great cause and fun for us.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Good luck to all involved!
I don't like 'tashes so I won't be joining in.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
The only reason I prefer Movember to No Shave November (or Novembeard) is because all proceeds go to man cancer research (Prostate, Testicular) with Movember.

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
My husband is doing Movember, unfortunately I'm pretty sure he's going to be doing the Horseshoe mustache.

But he's a an oldie but a goodie: Link

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

A couple peeps from work are doing it, all I can do is sponsor them. :D

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I cant really grow a proper moustache but I'm trying my luck at some sort of beard instead :eek:

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
SHAMELESS plug (I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, forgive me if it is):

So my husband wants to be in a "Manly Men of Movember" calendar that is being held by a local photographer, and if you awesome people could ilke this photo and help him, that would be awesome. :D

The top 12 voted pictures will be in the calendar.
http://tinyurl.com/Ryan4Movember <- :D

/Shameless plug

Anyway.. So the picture in the link above is what I have to kiss.. Its really scratchy and if he gets in the calendar then he'll have to keep it until December. Fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.