Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxdog175

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
I'm not sure how long my 4s hasn't been connected to my WiFi, but when I go to settings and look at WiFi it blinks my network name and "Not Connected"...back and forth, constantly. I've tried restarting my phone, but I'm not able to connect to my WiFi. My iPad works just fine as do the rest of my computers in my house.

Airplane mode is turned off and if I go into WiFi settings, a grey swirly circle spins by my network name and then by Choose a network..., constantly back and forth.

Any ideas?

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I have also had this problem connecting to some wi fi connections. This has worked for me 70% of the time. You have to go to the network you are trying to join and under static enter all the information manually. The easiest way I have found to get this information is to get it from a device that is already connected to the network. As I said this works for me about 70% of the time. Good Luck.

gloomcookie1

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
When I initially got home last night with a newly upgraded 4S it was showing in the wifi settings that I was connected to my router after I input the password but on the top notification bar by the 3G it never showed - and when I went to airplane mode I definitely wasn't connected.

I just had to forget the network and then reconnect and it worked great after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.