Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mingxter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
i need to master reset my macbook pro. its working really slow and the airport internet comes n goes every 10 minutes. is there any where i can reset to factory settings, wipe out everything from my mac as if it was brand new?? i dont have any recovery disk or anything... or is my mac dead??
please help!!! thanks

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Your Best Bet

i need to master reset my macbook pro. its working really slow and the airport internet comes n goes every 10 minutes. is there any where i can reset to factory settings, wipe out everything from my mac as if it was brand new?? i dont have any recovery disk or anything... or is my mac dead??
please help!!! thanks

Is probably to contact Apple and get your installation disks replaced. They won't do it for free, but at least you can then reinstall the OS. Maybe before you buy the disks you could take it to a genius bar and let them look at it.

That way, you won't be wasting money if it turns out to be a hardware fault.

mingxter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Is probably to contact Apple and get your installation disks replaced. They won't do it for free, but at least you can then reinstall the OS. Maybe before you buy the disks you could take it to a genius bar and let them look at it.

That way, you won't be wasting money if it turns out to be a hardware fault.

thanks macman i appreciated!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.