Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arpanlib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
i have been having issues with syncing contacts and calendars from my mac book pro to my iPad and iPhone either ways after iOS5 and after iCloud.

my computer won't sync any of the above services and i don't want to use iCloud.

should i wait for an upgrade or just switch back to blackberry ? i have been using apple for almost 5 years now without any problems, but this new things just keeps getting worse.

pls. help.

arpanlib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
what if i only want to use address book and calendar of mac book and not 3rd party sync services ?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Why don't you tell us what your issues with syncing from your Mac are? Perhaps we can help. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to continue to sync manually under iOS 5.

arpanlib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
What I did before iOS5:

Plug my phone on mac book and it synced everything for me. iTunes use to open up automatically.

Now after iOS5:

iTunes donot open automatically. Yes, the check box is selected for iTunes to open automatically when iPhone is plugged in.

Address book and calendars donot sync with my MacBook.

I have iCloud turned off.

Pls help.

gcortes

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2011
Redwood City, California
What I did before iOS5:

Now after iOS5:

iTunes donot open automatically. Yes, the check box is selected for iTunes to open automatically when iPhone is plugged in.

Address book and calendars donot sync with my MacBook.

I have iCloud turned off.

It sounds like you have an issue unrelated to iCloud or syncing. If after plugging your iPhone, can you open iTunes manually and see your iPhone listed? If not, your might have a driver issue on Windows. The cable is plugged in to the computer, right?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This is the most pointless post ever.

Firstly if you don't want to use it....dont use it....that was hard! Secondly you can just gmail or any other 3rd party imap service and get the same functions (just fails to connect 90% of the time).

iCloud is a pretty amazingly perfect service tho...and its free...not sure why people hate anything thats new.

arpanlib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
yes, i can manually open up the iTunes and see my iphone there.

the cable is plugged in the computer. i am using the mac OSX lion and not windows.

all setting have been turned to manual in iTunes and still contacts and calendar are not syncing.

arpanlib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
i restored my iPhone to factory settings and guess what ....

the contact icon is not there ...........

what a mess...... iOS 5 is....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.