Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aarondc91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
I have noticed a couple problems with syncing, and I can't seem to find anyone that can tell me how to fix it.

I selected to manually manage the music. When I dragged all the music I wanted to the iPhone from my iTunes library, no album art shows. However album art does show on the iPhone, which I suppose is more important. But I don't understand why the art doesn't show on the computer under the iPhone music tab.

The big issue I've had is changing the song info on iTunes for songs on the iPhone, and those changes not taking effect. For example, I added an album in which one of the song's artists was the album artist, plus an additional artist (The Essential Chet Atkins, artists: Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler). Under the 'Artist' tab on iPhone section of iTunes I changed the artist to only Chet Atkins so all the songs would be under the same artist in the iPhone, yet in my actual iPhone it still shows up as a separate "artist" as Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler. Is there a way to additionally alter all the song information so iTunes categorizes songs the way I want it categorized?

Also, for soundtracks (obviously with various artists) I changed the "Artist" to the soundtrack name under "Information" so I could just go to "Artists" in the iPhone and select the soundtrack. However, to find it I have to go to albums, select the soundtrack, and the original artist names are still associated with the songs!

Why is iTunes not letting me change song information? I never had this problem before when uploading music to my iPod touch.

Thanks!

Sandman1969

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
Are you modifying the songs in your main Library -> Music?

The Music information on the Devices -> iPhone is read only. YOu need to modify the INFO from the Library portion of iTunes.

Also, as far as the Art Work, you may need to change the View setting in the View menu to see it.

aarondc91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
I modify the INFO in the library.. it is just acting really strangely... I have Queen Greatest Hits I, II, and III, yet Queen is not listed under "Artists." To find Queen I have to go to "Albums," look up Greatest Hits, and find Queen. I feel like it shouldn't be doing that...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.