Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have my 4s paired with the SYNC in my truck which also allows me to play music over Bluetooth. This all works fine, however every time I start the truck and it pairs the iPhone starts streaming music. I can't find any options to set to only stream when I want to, not every time.

Any help?

Jody

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have my 4s paired with the SYNC in my truck which also allows me to play music over Bluetooth. This all works fine, however every time I start the truck and it pairs the iPhone starts streaming music. I can't find any options to set to only stream when I want to, not every time.

Any help?

I have the same problem with Sync... Always starts the music playing the second it pairs with the car. It's pretty annoying

schizbomb

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Texas
Odd.

My iPhone 4 would as soon as it turned on and I loved it, but I cannot get my 4S to do the same, it always defaults to line in, and I have manually tell it to use bluetooth audio.

I would love to know how to get it to auto-play again.

2009 Explorer here

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
It doesn't change my inputs, just starts streaming even though the input remains on sat.

Jody, I've gone through every screen I think I can looking for a setting with no luck. If I can remember my password to Ford's SYNC forum I'll post this there as well.

Since there are different iterations of SYNC i will follow schiz's lead and post my model -- 2010 F150.

andy769

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010

Any help?

I'm not sure if your f150 is the same but this is how it works on my 2011 Taurus. Basically if you leave the aux set to Bluetooth audio every time you start the car music will start streaming. Switch the aux to line in before you shut your car off and the next time you start your car it shouldn't start streaming. I know it's a pain but that's pretty much the way it works. The car remembers the last setting you were using.

Also about a month or two ago there was a software update available for sync on my Taurus which solved most of my disconnecting issues. Check syncmyride.com for updates to your software.

Hope this helps

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
I'm not sure if your f150 is the same but this is how it works on my 2011 Taurus. Basically if you leave the aux set to Bluetooth audio every time you start the car music will start streaming. Switch the aux to line in before you shut your car off and the next time you start your car it shouldn't start streaming. I know it's a pain but that's pretty much the way it works. The car remembers the last setting you were using.

Also about a month or two ago there was a software update available for sync on my Taurus which solved most of my disconnecting issues. Check syncmyride.com for updates to your software.

Hope this helps

Excellent information, I will give it a shot this morning.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
No dice, the iPhone still starts streaming when I turn the truck on even if I turned it off with something else selected such as the jukebox. I will see if there is a SYNC update available I guess. It doesnt actually play from the speakers but it's sucking precious battery life.

andy769

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
No dice, the iPhone still starts streaming when I turn the truck on even if I turned it off with something else selected such as the jukebox. I will see if there is a SYNC update available I guess. It doesnt actually play from the speakers but it's sucking precious battery life.

That's so weird. Sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully there is a software update that fixes it. Good luck.

mcgeggy

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
solution?

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Was there a Sync update that resolved things and didn't create new problems? Or a settings option that was overlooked?

I'm talking about the Sync autostreaming via bluetooth, even though the input is still on something else (i.e Sat, CD, etc)?

I guess I'll take a shot and mention a few other things that have been irking me:

1. On the Sync Call History screen, why does it only show tel.#'s? On my old phone (Razr V3) it would show the names associated with those numbers in call history.

2. On my old phone, bluetooth would remain off on the phone until I got in the car and started it, then the bluetooth would turn on and connect. With the iphone, bluetooth seems to always be "on".

iphone 4S
2009 Ford Fusion

Roland.Pinsdorf

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
MP3 Id Tag

Hello

Does anybody know how to see the music name, artist and so on when you connect to the Ford Sync system using bluetooth of an iPhone4 or 4s?

I can stream the music using bluetooth but no information is available.

Is any upgrade or something similar to be done?

Thanks
Roland

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.