Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
How will you ever make it through the rest of your life if something as trivial as this bothers you enough to try and get the phone replaced???

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
How will you ever make it through the rest of your life if something as trivial as this bothers you enough to try and get the phone replaced???

And you posted this because?

----------

I have not had the issue with my iPhone 4S.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Mine does it to :(, i wonder if it is normal or not. I am debating wether or not to replace it for just this issue, i already had to go back for stuck pixels. The only problem with this one is the button. Any one get a PERFECT iPhone or am I being to picky?

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
And you posted this because?

----------

I have not had the issue with my iPhone 4S.

Because people need to wake up and be realistic, it's not a million dollar piece of german made medical equipment. It's a $200 chinese made telephone.

Not only that, but a few years from now it'll be in a landfill somewhere.

The button wiggles... move on.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

johndoejohndoes said:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can wiggle my home button a tiny bit side to side and up and down on my new 4S. It makes a tiny clicking noise when I do so.

Is this normal?

Mine is solid through and through. It shouldn't wiggle or make noise at all.

moogs

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
This just started happening on my iPad 1. I've had it since launch. Not that big of a deal. Just hoping it won't bug whoever I end up selling it to.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
My iPhone 4 does it, so does my wifes 4S.

That's normal for an old style mechanical button. Too bad Apple is over-invested in this poor solution. They really should be using a touch sensitive control, after all the _entire_ display is touch sensitive and the best in the industry.
No way, bro.
Wow, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What's wrong with the physical button? If anything, it's much better.

I've seen Android phones and it takes a few clicks for the those touch sensi-crap buttons to work. Plus, it's easier to control a physical button since those touch buttons don't work the first time. We also need a solution to hard reset the phone if it freezes up. Touch button don't work as well as the hardware button. One of the things I hate is that if you accidentally touch (not even press) those touch sensitive buttons, and it somehow managed to register your input, you go elsewhere. That's just super annoying.

There's nothing wrong with the physical button to be honest. It's much better in my opinion for the reasons I've said above.

The Apple fanbois, worshipers, and hangers on will offer a million excuses defending Apples choice. Thereby reinforcing the fear of moving forward. The fear of change. .

By your posts, I'm not really surprised you're saying this. I just want to say that I'm not a fan boy, whether you believe me or not. If I could only buy an Android for whatever reason, it would be a Droid X(2) just because it has physical buttons.

Last edited:

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Not anymore... it did, then it was dropped and the shattered glass made the stuck home button seem moot. What are ya gonna do. The ladies love the glass.

Now I have a similarly fragile 4S, I cannot wait until they give up the kitchenware material. And to think i've been using cell phones for years and this is the first one I've dropped... figures :)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
^ Nice.
I have no idea what you said.

But basically, I'm not sure what you were expecting from breaking your phone (or any device for that matter).

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
This issue is really annoying for me. I have a bit of electronic OCD. My home button moves around, anyone replace and have a better one? I have the entire month to decide, guess I should see if it keeps annoying me and exchange based on that. But I didn't just pay $500 for a phone that feels like it was made improperly (if this is a defect)

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Yes and with the annoying rattle that is extremely loud, Im returning my phone and going back to either a 4 or 3GS .

Well good for you! I guess you are showing Apple who is boss!:p

My local Apple store already has refurbs! No wonder!

Retrostarscream

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
Miami FL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

SandboxGeneral said:
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

johndoejohndoes said:

I can wiggle my home button a tiny bit side to side and up and down on my new 4S. It makes a tiny clicking noise when I do so.

Is this normal?

Mine is solid through and through. It shouldn't wiggle or make noise at all.

I second this general, no wiggle action on my iP4 although it does make the click sound when pressed. I figure this is normal & intended behavior.

benfica88

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Ah, this drives me nuts! Every time I use the power button it feels like a double-click!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.