Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Ok, just about recovered from the weekend! The atmosphere of the whole Opening was way more than I expected. Had I known, I'd probably have turned up earlier than about 5am on Saturday. A lot of people were taking photos of me, so I'm trying to collect copies of them, if you have any/have seen any around please let me know where to find them!

Photos from Foeniox's phone/Apple photographer of us below:
The Policeman's hat I'm wearing actually belonged to one of the police, I thought it would be amusing to play with him :) On my exit from the store, a policewoman said she thought I was a celebrity because so many people were taking my picture :-D
The photo on the bottom left is the one on the Apple website.

Attachments

• applestoremontage.jpg
    applestoremontage.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 924

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
C'mon, surely someone here has some photos - Some people there even agreed to email me the photos they took, which hasn't happened :mad:

Sigh…

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
daveway00 said:
Wow, you are odd. But hey, some people are turned on by that. Great Apple store atture, i must say.
Ever been to the New York one?!?!

Hey, just realised someone replied, sorry! Yeah I've been to the soho store once, those are the only two I've visited :)

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Tee-hee, you're a hottie. ;)

Where is your picture on the Apple website? Impressive? Link me now! :D

the photo (attached) was on the grand opening gallery page, but after a few days they changed the file name to "happy_couple.jpg" and when we phone to complain that we're not a couple and felt that was slightly homophobic they took the photo down :( Apple called me gay! ;)

Attachments

• goths.jpg
    goths.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 274

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Wait...so the original name of the file was goths.jpg, and then it became happy_couple? I don't understand how that's homophobic, but I can understand how it would make you feel uncomfortable. :( Well, you *are* a happy couple...of iPodders! :D

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
MentalFabric said:
the photo (attached) was on the grand opening gallery page, but after a few days they changed the file name to "happy_couple.jpg" and when we phone to complain that we're not a couple and felt that was slightly homophobic they took the photo down :( Apple called me gay! ;)
Aren't you fishing for some sort of reaction like that?

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Wait...so the original name of the file was goths.jpg, and then it became happy_couple?
Yeah
I don't understand how that's homophobic, but I can understand how it would make you feel uncomfortable. :( Well, you *are* a happy couple...of iPodders! :D
homophobic in that it seemed intended in a negative manner ie: "you're gay!"
We are a happy couple of iPodders I suppose :) for the photo they gave us apple in-ear headphones to wear :D

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
MentalFabric said:
I don't understand, in what am I fishing for some sort of reaction? :confused:
In the way you present yourself. It seems to me anyone who dresses like that wants to be recognized as out of the normal; this seems like a reaction you try to get.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
MentalFabric said:
i don't mean to insult you or anything but if i just stumbled on that picture without having seen your post i would have assumed you to be female. it might be just how the picture was taken, i don't know, but i can easily see how someone at apple would label the picture "happy couple".

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
jimsowden said:
In the way you present yourself. It seems to me anyone who dresses like that wants to be recognized as out of the normal; this seems like a reaction you try to get.
That doesn't make any sense, I dress to express myself and I wear what I think looks good. You don't seriously think I'd dress in a way I consider to be weird or ugly just to get peoples attention? Open your mind! Some people just have different taste.

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
abc123 said:
i don't mean to insult you or anything but if i just stumbled on that picture without having seen your post i would have assumed you to be female. it might be just how the picture was taken, i don't know, but i can easily see how someone at apple would label the picture "happy couple".
I get that a lot. But I kinda like being able to be mistaken for a girl, they're so much prettier :p :)

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
powermac666 said:
All gay and fem chatter aside, that's one RIGHTEOUS trench. My daughter would kill for that.
Thanks :) I'm sure you could find one online somewhere, coats kinda like that are all over Camden in London

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
jimsowden said:

Not judgemental, are we? :rolleyes:

If you're so against this "seeking of attention" you believe he is doing, why are you giving him so much of it?

I'm a bit confused on exactly who is the one seeking the attention.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Josh said:
Not judgemental, are we? :rolleyes:

If you're so against this "seeking of attention" you believe he is doing, why are you giving him so much of it?

I'm a bit confused on exactly who is the one seeking the attention.
Why express yourself in that way if not to get noticed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.