Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Put it in rice and turn it off or use a blow dryer and hurry. Apple will not replace it as it does not cover it under AppleCare.

Actually, AppleCare+ does cover accidental damage now, for 2 incidents with a $49 deductible.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I dropped my phone in the toilet but quickly snagged it. Everything is working besides the calling speaker and the mic? should i just let it dry or will i need to get it replaced? thanks:eek::eek:

If it has been turned on with water damage then that isn't good. Turn it ASAP and put it in a bag of rice without a case on.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
then having fun paying full price for a replacement when you break yours.

pay 200 in total in the end and have had 3 phones>pay $650+ for 1

It's not $650 for a new phone if you get it wet. Accidental damage is $200 for a replacement.

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Brother dropped phone in the toilet a few days ago...completely stopped working.

took it to the apple store, gave them the water damaged phone...they gave him a brand new one for $160...

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
First of all, you dropped it in the toilet? Why the hell would you be holding you phone over a toilet I mean that's just stupid.

Second, you reached into the toilet?? I mean I understand it's the iPhone but wow.

I've reached my hand into the toilet to take s*** out that was clogging it.

julesw

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
wc

I know some one who did exactly the same, they took it back and said it got wet and wasn't working and the apple store swapped it out out of good spirits anyway.

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sometime ago I almost drop my n95 8gb in the toilet, it was too sudden I decide to hit the phone away instead trying to grab it and manage to safe it from being toilet bowl's lunch. It would be good to take note of this as you know this kind of matter may happen any time especially if you like to bring your phone to chill in the toilet.:eek:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Second, you reached into the toilet?? I mean I understand it's the iPhone but wow.

Spoken like someone who's never changed a diaper or worked on a farm.

[excrement] happens. Soap works. OP said there wasn't any waste in the toilet.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
I will never understand how so many people drop their phones into the toilet.

I mean, How? How is that even a thing???

Do you hold the phone directly over the bowl, do you lay it on the edge of the toilet seat? How???

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I will never understand how so many people drop their phones into the toilet.

I mean, How? How is that even a thing???

Do you hold the phone directly over the bowl, do you lay it on the edge of the toilet seat? How???

I'm guessing there falling out of shirt pockets. Either that or careless wiping. :eek:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys time on the thrown with ZERO items to distract me. Outside a good sports section, that's the one place in my house where kids, dogs and my wife know not to bother me.

The one time my son insisted I told him to just come on in. He did, but then I never offered the "courtesy flush" and within 30 seconds he left and now never even knocks :D

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I'm guessing there falling out of shirt pockets. Either that or careless wiping. :eek:

And people want to touch each others devices ....... ewwww
SickSmileyFace.gif

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Don't call people foolish for not buying Applecare+... It is a ripoff for MOST people and I would call you foolish for buying it.

It costs you $100 even if you end up never needing the replacement. If you do it will cost you a $50 deductible so a total of $150.

If you don't buy Applecare+ and you never break your phone it costs you nothing. If you do it costs you $199 to get a replacement phone.

So it costs $50 more but ONLY if you need it... With Applecare+ you are paying $100 no matter what... That is a good gamble.

If you lose the gamble then it costs you $50 more... Easy decision for most people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.