Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nepiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Who wouldn't want to see the iPod classic with a retina display for HD viewing? And i am just saying who would love to see that in a future iPod classic design and even maybe a larger screen.:apple::D:apple:

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
You realize that the Classic will most likely cease to exist soon? Maybe even next year at the iPod/iPhone refresh

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
You realize that the Classic will most likely cease to exist soon? Maybe even next year at the iPod/iPhone refresh

it's most likely to be discontinued.look at the amount of flash products apple has now.Hard drive base products are slowly dieing.the shuffle might not be discontinued due to it being a flash memory product and not everyone can afford a $100+ ipod.

well it's time for me too buy the classic before it's gone.i have two ipod classic's still brand new.an 80gb 2007 one and a 2011 160gb one.i need to get a silver 80gb,black 160gb and black and silver 120gb for my collection.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
They should make a whole new upgrade next year thats amazing then maybe they can slowly start to discontinue it.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
i just thought the 160GB version 2 weeks ago, and i thought about the same if they gonna release one with higher resolution display.

But what i really like about the original iPod (classic) that is its all about music, music is in focus on that device. not much else on that device. no apps, no internet, just music

and i hope they don't discontinue it or maybe add SSD to when the prices are right and make it slim.

sorry my bad english

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
i just thought the 160GB version 2 weeks ago, and i thought about the same if they gonna release one with higher resolution display.

But what i really like about the original iPod (classic) that is its all about music, music is in focus on that device. not much else on that device. no apps, no internet, just music

and i hope they don't discontinue it or maybe add SSD to when the prices are right and make it slim.

sorry my bad english

agreed apple should keep the iPod classic around forever. and put an ssd in it

Theophany

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
NW London.
agreed apple should keep the iPod classic around forever. and put an ssd in it

I think that it would be an incredibly difficult decision for Apple to discontinue the iPod in its original form. It's made it to 10 years already and still fills a (shrinking) gap in the market for high capacity music devices.

The iPod's wheel is as iconic as Big Ben and as much a part of Apple's brand as their logo. Even if it goes away sometime in the near future, I'd like to think that it would come back again in the future, ramped up with a high capacity SSD and a lightweight iOS-based interface that allows it to be as thin as Jobs and Ive no doubt dreamed it could have been in 2001.

johnhw

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I want a iPod Classic with a SSD and iTunes Match streaming support (though I don't think that will happen since typically an iPod Classic is all about storage).

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
My first iPod was a 15GB white 2003 model.:) I have since had a few nanos, a touch and a shuffle. I have asked for a classic for Xmas. I still prefer the click wheel interface and I will have a device that will hold all of my music and other content. I think the touch is a great device, but the classic is still a viable product for me. :D I was really hoping Apple would release a white 10th anniversary edition but that didn't happen. :(

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I want a iPod Classic with a SSD and iTunes Match streaming support (though I don't think that will happen since typically an iPod Classic is all about storage).

There are people who modded their iPod Classics with SSD's from early revisions of the MacBook Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.