Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolhands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Hi all,
I am new to the iPhone 4s, but not new to iOS.
I was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of the text message sent sound? It gets really annoying after awhile.
I went into settings->sounds and there is no "Text message sent" tone to change.

thanks.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Hi all,
I am new to the iPhone 4s, but not new to iOS.
I was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of the text message sent sound? It gets really annoying after awhile.
I went into settings->sounds and there is no "Text message sent" tone to change.

thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no setting for the number keypad tone for the phone app, and no specific option that allows you to just have vibrate as your ringer. Others have said to just turn the mute switch, but I like some things making sound, such as when an email is sent.

They really need to come out with more simple options like that.

coolhands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the replies.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
So no one has been able to find out how to turn off this stupid swoosh sound when the texts are sent?? I hate it so much!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So no one has been able to find out how to turn off this stupid swoosh sound when the texts are sent?? I hate it so much!

Have you tried making an empty audio file (that is, something like a second or half a second of silence), saving it as an MP4 ringtone, putting it in your iTunes, and selecting it as your Sent Mail sound?

Or else jailbreak and use a sound management package....

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I wish it were that easy. there is no option to even assign the sound that is used. If that were the case i would have assigned a silent ringtone to it.

Won't be jailbreaking my phone, I want to keep my warranty intact. Thanks for your help though! :)

Have you tried making an empty audio file (that is, something like a second or half a second of silence), saving it as an MP4 ringtone, putting it in your iTunes, and selecting it as your Sent Mail sound?

Or else jailbreak and use a sound management package....

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

Sent Text isn't a sound you can change. It's not the same as the Sent Mail swoosh, it's more like a short slide whistle sound.

MallCop

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011
I like it actually. I can turn the screen off and still know my message was sent.

MallCop

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011
Really? That's not practical at all.

----------

Same here. I actually had texts fail when I was on android, and the notification is nice.

I did also when I had the original droid. When my phone is on silent I always wait and make sure the message sent before turning off the screen. Ive noticed my messages have be failing or are really slow to send recently.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Stupidest thing to forget apple. I send about 3-400 messages a day. So I have text tones turned off. However I can't let my phone ring for phone calls because I have to keep the mute switch on all the time so I don't have to hear the sent tone over and over all day.

sour-apples

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
rudimentary solution

i put my finger on the speaker to muffle the sending text tone....while waiting for a decent solution

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.