Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suhail78

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem syncing my iPhone 4 via wifi....

The sync starts and gets to the last step, then just never completes, the status bar in iTunes says "waiting for items to copy". It just sits there like that until I cancel the sync.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone know what could be causing this, and the best way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that I also have an ipad2, that syncs via wifi with no problems at all, only issue is with my iPhone.....help!!!!

Thanks in advance, and best regards to all who respond!!!!

Suhail78

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Well, i let my wi-fi sync run overnight on my iphone 4, and it was still "waiting for items to copy" when i woke up, so it was running for over 6 hours, doesn't seem right....

Does ANYONE know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

cnardell

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
WiFi sync issues

I have had this issue, as well as an issue where the iPhone disappears from the list of devices in iTunes periodically. Probably a bug...

JoyStiqJunky

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
NJ
Wifi Sync issue

Hey everyone,

The sync starts and gets to the last step, then just never completes, the status bar in iTunes says "waiting for items to copy". It just sits there like that until I cancel the sync.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone know what could be causing this, and the best way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that I also have an ipad2, that syncs via wifi with no problems at all, only issue is with my iPhone.....help!!!!

I'm having a similar issue as well, however it occurred on my iPhone 4 when I tried connecting my phone to iTunes to activate Wi-Fi syncing.
I read on another forum that performing a restore on your device should resolve the issue. However, it does seem that there is a possibility that you could lose some data including photos or artwork to certain songs as posted by other individuals on the other thread I came across. I'm going to try it myself since I've already backed up most of my crucial data before. I'll post the results when it finishes.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Hey everyone,

This is happening to my iPad 2 but my iPhone 4 finishes sync with no issues.

Others are having this issue here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3375382?start=0&tstart=0

wizee

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Pennsylvania
Same problem with my Ipad 2, but it only takes about 15 more than before. I can live with waiting 15 extra min. until Apple gets the bug fixed

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
My iPhone 4S is doing this, and even leaving it for hours, I still get the same result. Mine is specifically artwork waiting to copy, which is odd because I'm using iTunes Match so theres no reason to be copying over artwork. I restored the phone and it worked fine for a few days, then is right back at this issue again.

kimfromSC

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
South Carolina
this worked for us...

hi everyone. there is an answer for this somewhere online but we found a simpler solution than what was offered on the other page.

in finder, go to your iphoto library & say show package contents, then find "ipod photo cache" folder. rename it. we renamed ours ipod_photo_cache instead. all syncing problems solved. good luck.

here is the reference page that we used but we did not delete anything like the other page suggested, we just renamed the file.

http://leimobile.com/faq-how-to-fix-ios-5-photo-sync-issues/

evidently, there is an issue with iOS5 recognizing the ipod photo cache library from prior versions. this should fix the sync issue.

jsoto

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Chicago
I have the same problem since last week also with an iPhone 4 as well.

Edit: I updated iTunes today for the iTunes Match update & iOS 5.0.1 delta update on the iPhone 4 it finally finished syncing fine. Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited:

kimfromSC

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

hi everyone. there is an answer for this somewhere online but we found a simpler solution than what was offered on the other page.

in finder, go to your iphoto library & say show package contents, then find "ipod photo cache" folder. rename it. we renamed ours ipod_photo_cache instead. all syncing problems solved. good luck.

here is the reference page that we used but we did not delete anything like the other page suggested, we just renamed the file.

http://leimobile.com/faq-how-to-fix-ios-5-photo-sync-issues/

evidently, there is an issue with iOS5 recognizing the ipod photo cache library from prior versions. this should fix the sync issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.