Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshuaBlue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Hey all!

I'm thinking about picking up an ATV2 for the house, mostly for the wife and kid, for christmas.

I got so caught up in iPhone 4s fever, (which is currently in transit!)
It seems i've missed any news or details on rumors surrounding a new :apple:tv? The current one has been out a while, and seems a refresh is due.

What do you guys think? Go ahead and pick up the current model now for christmas, or wait until a new one comes out? And yeah, I know this could be way after christmas...

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
If you are thinking of an ATV2 just get it. The unit is pretty awesome as it is...more awesome if they would add Hulu Plus or allow Airplay to it, but awesome anyway.

JoshuaBlue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Panama City, Florida
If you are thinking of an ATV2 just get it. The unit is pretty awesome as it is...more awesome if they would add Hulu Plus or allow Airplay to it, but awesome anyway.

Thanks marc. I'm thinking that's what I'll probably do. It will probably mostly just be used to watch netflix and rented movies anyways.

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wish us uk users could gt netflix so annoying

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wish us uk users could gt netflix so annoying

Ha, how about an American living in Japan and wanting English TV without paying an arm and a leg for it!!! Thank goodness Hulu Plus just came here, but even that, no airplay and the price is more than double the USA price for a third of the content, and forget recent stuff, I am talking about a few early seasons of old shows or current shows that have been on the air for years...and forget about Netflix so far.

Hell I wish I could pay for BBC here over the internet, but I cannot. But with MLB and NFL packages, Vettle, Plex and Hulu Plus it is better than nothing!

I do not get these TV and movie companies, there is such a huge market in Europe and Asia for TV and yet they cannot seem to find a way to tap into it.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Ha, how about an American living in Japan and wanting English TV without paying an arm and a leg for it!!! Thank goodness Hulu Plus just came here, but even that, no airplay and the price is more than double the USA price for a third of the content, and forget recent stuff, I am talking about a few early seasons of old shows or current shows that have been on the air for years...and forget about Netflix so far.

Hell I wish I could pay for BBC here over the internet, but I cannot. But with MLB and NFL packages, Vettle, Plex and Hulu Plus it is better than nothing!

I do not get these TV and movie companies, there is such a huge market in Europe and Asia for TV and yet they cannot seem to find a way to tap into it.

http://expatshield.com/

It's not live television, but at least you're able to watch UK channels' online offerings...

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Awesome, cheers. Looking forward to watching some BBC content, Brit humor is by far the best out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.