Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Hi, im currently on 5.0 on the ip4, and tethered jailbreak. My phone recently died, so i booted up normally from redsn0w, and was curious to see if the 5.0.1 update showed up in my settings and it did, and at the same time it was downloading!! i quickly disconnected my wifi, and now it says paused, how do i cancel the update?? i dont want to update because of the possible untethered jailbreak and i have no issues with my iphone :D

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So if it downloads it wont automatically install?

djmac7

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2010
I have a similar question. How do i stop the software update notification in iOS 5. It is now downloaded to my phone, but i dont want it installed. How do I delete it and remove the notification from the settings icon on the screen?

Thanks.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I have a similar question. How do i stop the software update notification in iOS 5. It is now downloaded to my phone, but i dont want it installed. How do I delete it and remove the notification from the settings icon on the screen?

Thanks.

In my experience with the Betas as well as the public releases, I've never found a way of doing this. I suppose Apple assumes that updates once downloaded are meant to be used, not managed by the consumer. It would make sense since they have a very "Let's make this as easy as possible" outlook on almost everything.

I understand where that option would be useful though especially for you Jailbreakers out there.

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Maybe a cydia tweak will allow software updates to not go through, that would be pretty useful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.