Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doc412

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
I just bought the Netter Anatomy application and it works great on the iphone. I was wondering if there is a way to use this application on my computer.

Does there exist a computer program that simulates the iphone so that I can run this app from my computer. If so, where can I download it?

Thanks

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
dont think so, iphone apps are built for the iPhone OS.

The only possible way i can think of it working would be through the SDK iPhone Simulator, but ive never even delved into those parts so i dont even know if it work work.

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
The only one that I know of is the emulator they bundle with the SDK.

I don't think you can get it any other way.

In addition to that, I would like to get my hands on the video screen capture that they use. :)

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
I just bought the Netter Anatomy application and it works great on the iphone. I was wondering if there is a way to use this application on my computer.

Not directly. The iPhone uses a different processor architecture than your Mac (ARM vs x86 or PPC), thus you'd need an emulator.

Does there exist a computer program that simulates the iphone so that I can run this app from my computer. If so, where can I download it?

You can download the iPhone simulator as part of the iPhone SDK from Apple's developer site.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
There is not a way to do it. The SDK application compiles your app to run on the computer. The iPhone apps are already compiled for the iPhone. Thus you would need a decompiler (doesn't exist) and then you would need to recompile it to run on your computer.

Mars™

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2009
You resurrected a year-old thread to give this completely irrelevant advice? He said *video* capture, not image capture.

OOps. My bad. *looks at calendar* Holly molly! 2010?!
Time travel has an effect on the eyes you know.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
The SDK simulator will not work, because it is a simulator.

A simulator just runs native code (on your PC:x86) and has libraries built to run on that. A developer has to compile a specific build for it to work.

An emulator interprets the byte code (arm) into native (x86). Since app binaries are compiled for Arm then you would need an actual emulator, which none exist.

Edit:haha, just realized this was a dead post....and has already been resurrected twice.ill leave my post for reference anyways.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Original thread was 2008/2009.

A year later, Sep 2010 it comes back, then goes dead again.

Nov 2011 it gets a new life.

Then, Sept 2012 it comes back again.

Only thing less sensible is the idiot that just wasted 2 minutes typing this.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Man this forum is dedicated. Guy asks a question in 2008 and in 2012 someone comes back to answer it when the thing he's asking for is finally available :D

southjerseypc

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
USA
ipad ipod emulator made easy.

Bringing it further back from the grave....

This is a simple task to do. You installed it and it pops up and looks, acts, and functions like an IPAD or IPOD depending which version you download. You can install apps and run them like they were made to run on an Ipod/Ipad.

There is even an Andriod version that does the same. No running around with this and that. Just install and then install your games and apps and have fun!!

go to southjerseypc.com and click the link "emulators" and then choose which one you want. You should have at least a 2 ghz CPU with 2 Gb ram. Will run on slower systems but that is what is recommended. Happy Emulating!!

rltraveler

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Bringing it further back from the grave....

This is a simple task to do. You installed it and it pops up and looks, acts, and functions like an IPAD or IPOD depending which version you download. You can install apps and run them like they were made to run on an Ipod/Ipad.

There is even an Andriod version that does the same. No running around with this and that. Just install and then install your games and apps and have fun!!

go to southjerseypc.com and click the link "emulators" and then choose which one you want. You should have at least a 2 ghz CPU with 2 Gb ram. Will run on slower systems but that is what is recommended. Happy Emulating!!

The above was written in October, 2012. Now, in December, 2012, southjerseypc.com does not contain any reference to "emulators."

A search on the web has not been successful in finding such a thing.

I want to run a calendaring app and synchronize it with someone else's iPhone, using possibly SimplyUs or Leave Now, or both. I feel this might be possible if I could run the apps on my computer, but all the apps do when I click on them is open up the iTunes store.

it's so obvious

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2013
Can you believe it

Thanks
you know after 5 years you may have realized someone has probably made a similar app for windows :D

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
Maybe this thread will even exist in 2114, revived every year. :D

Attachments

• 22377141baa11b3064a1f4072c750aed27ce67e891a3bb1ac5ea7a7298536c81.jpg
    22377141baa11b3064a1f4072c750aed27ce67e891a3bb1ac5ea7a7298536c81.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,582
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.