Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deafgoose

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
I've posted this pic on this forum before but it seems appropriate to place it into this thread as-well.

dual.jpg

I will be mounting the two displays on the wall very shortly and will post an updated pic once completed.

vesa.jpg

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
why not tb? edit: is ur MBA a 2010?

----------

Yes, it's the 2010 model. I was hoping for a price drop after the TB model introduced, but that's not gonna happen with a non-TB Mac Pro on the current lineup.

It works flawlessly with my 15-inch MBP (mid-2010), Mac mini server (2010), or 11-inch MBA (2010).

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
This isn't a great pic. But just bought the TBD yesterday for the MacBook Air and sold the iMac this afternoon. Very happy with the decision to run just off the MBA.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 927

duffer6

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
This isn't a great pic. But just bought the TBD yesterday for the MacBook Air and sold the iMac this afternoon. Very happy with the decision to run just off the MBA.

I like it, what is that big black box to the right with the red light? Nice setup btw,.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I've posted this pic on this forum before but it seems appropriate to place it into this thread as-well.

I will be mounting the two displays on the wall very shortly and will post an updated pic once completed.

Wow nice setup, makes me jealous. post another photo up when you have them wall mounted.

crumpler

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
My TB display came by a few days ago but am enjoying it too much to take a decent photo now. Will see what i can do in a couple of days. :D

EpsilonExordium

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2008
Austin, TX
Picked up a new thunderbolt display today to go with the imac I purchased last week. I dig it so far, although I wish it was 30" to match my other displays.

3GRrvl.jpg

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011

I am very anxious to see how those will look mounted!

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
I like it, what is that big black box to the right with the red light? Nice setup btw,.

It's a Lacie Starck 1TB Desktop drive. The Air is only rocking 64GB of onboard storage, and I use this as my main computer for school. So, the desktop drive is essential....

Thanks!

----------

nice set up, post some more!

what kind of imac did you sold?

I'll get some more up soon!

I sold a 2011 21.5" iMac. 2.53 Quad Core Core i5, 500 GB HDD and 12 GB of RAM. I found having two computers was not my sort of thing and the iMac did not provide a much greater role than the MacBook Air for my student life. The iMac proved to be a glorified typewriter and a marginally faster movie converter. So overall, the Air plus the Display was more realistic!

Floris88

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
Amsterdam
I'm in the same situation. Just sold my 24 "ACD last week and wanted to buy the new Thunderbolt display for my MBP (15inch 2011). But now I saw that the iMac is just 100euro more...

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
One of the home office :)

Dual 23" Apple Cinema Displays with Mac Pro mounted under the table.

Attachments

• Homeoffice.jpg
    Homeoffice.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,030
Reactions: Polochamps

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Looks great but too claustrophobic for me :X

It's right next to the living room, it's basically the old backstairs that have been closed and incorporated into the apartment.

So while it looks tight it is still facing out to an open area :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.