Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basicfiend

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
I just got the 4S and looking to unload my iPhone 4. There are tons of sites that claim to pay cash for the phones. Has anyone used them? Has anyone seen reviews about which ones are legit?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cash+for+iphone

Each will quote you a price depending on condition of the phone. But I don't want to send in my phone to highest bidder and have them tell me that it's in worse condition than I self reported and get screwed on price.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I just got the 4S and looking to unload my iPhone 4. There are tons of sites that claim to pay cash for the phones. Has anyone used them? Has anyone seen reviews about which ones are legit?

Each will quote you a price depending on condition of the phone. But I don't want to send in my phone to highest bidder and have them tell me that it's in worse condition than I self reported and get screwed on price.

My personal recommendation would be to avoid those sites and sell the phone in person via Craigslist or a similar site.

To answer your questions though, I have not used "cash for iPhone" sites and have not seen any reviews about which ones are legit.

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
99.9999% of these sites are scammers... stay away.. just list your phone at CL.. lots of people will contact you

BCurry1

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Oklahoma
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used gazelle to sell my iPhone 4. It was easy. Had a check in a week.

PPSH-41

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2009
USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used gazelle to sell my iPhone 4. It was easy. Had a check in a week.

+1 for Gazelle. Just picked up a 153 dollar check for selling my 32gig 3GS.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

eBay Instant Sale and Gazelle seem to be fine (that is to say, they do what they say & won't try to cheat you down on price after they get your phone as long as you're honest in your condition assessment). Anyone else is a gamble (and not good odds).

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I would say eBay, Craig's List and Gazelle are your best bets. All these other sites are not worth the risk. Personally I've been lucky as I've sold my 3G, 3GS and 4 all to the same work colleague.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I would personally never use any of these sites as I've read many horror stories about people getting a quote, being satisfied with it, sending their phone in, the company telling them it's "in worse shape" than as described/photographed and then the company lowballing tremendously and being shady about sending the phone back if the seller refuses the new low price.

Just use Kijiji or Craigslist man.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I laugh at these sites and their users. They quote you something for your phone, when you send it in, they tell you it's in worse shape and offer you even less and make it a nightmare to get your phone back if you don't take the amount they offer. Sell it on craigslist or ebay.

ptruong31

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
I would personally never use any of these sites as I've read many horror stories about people getting a quote, being satisfied with it, sending their phone in, the company telling them it's "in worse shape" than as described/photographed and then the company lowballing tremendously and being shady about sending the phone back if the seller refuses the new low price.

Just use Kijiji or Craigslist man.

Yup, I read several of these threads on this forum already.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
check out the website http://www.topdollarcell.com I sold my iphone to them. They had the best price and offered higher than gazelle and other websites. A lot better than ebay and craigslist also because you don't have to deal with creepy people, and fees. The price you get for the phones, may be the price you get offered to end your contract. You may even make money. I also talked to one of their reps during the transaction and they stated that the only time that they change their quote is if something was totally off. I sell my stuff to them now and don't deal with the rip off companies like gazelle.

Quit spamming this garbage. You would have to be a moron to ship your $500 iPhone here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.