Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is there any way to see the play count of songs on an iOS device running iOS5 now that one of the new features is not needing to own a computer if you want an iOS device

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I would love this feature also. I love the play counts on iTunes but I've found that it's totally inaccurate because most of the music I listen to is on my iPhone so if they could aggregate the counts from all of my devices, it would be a far better representation of my listening habits.

Reactions: Little Juker

neworleans-7

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
I know you guys want to see the play counts on your devices (as I would) but I have a question. When you play a song on your iPhone and you sync it with iTunes does it update the play counts? If not that'd explain a lot for me lol. My iPod Classic does so I just assumed it did on the iPhone as well.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I am sure that play count syncs between my iPhone and MacBook Air. Maybe it was a feature I turned on in preferences I can't remember

kensiegirll

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2014
Transfer play counts from iPhone to computer

To anyone who can't get their play count to transfer from their iPhone to iTunes,

You can open iTunes, go to preferences, click on the "sharing" tab and theres a box you can check that says "home sharing computers and devices update play counts" and it'll transfer your play count from your iPhone to your computer if you have home sharing on.

Reactions: Randomizer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.