Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Its just as easy to take a photo as it is to hold down the home button. Am I missing something here?

Maybe for a remote trigger, set the phone up for a photo, get people organized, "Siri, take picture", *click*. "Siri, zoom to 5 times and take picture" *click* :)

Also, if it could be used in a series of events like a macro, "Siri take picture and send to wife with message "Check out this sunset".

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Interestingly, even here in Canada, there is some limited location-aware stuff you can do, as Siri "learns" your location from repeated commands. I.E. "Siri, what is the weather report for Toronto Canada" eventually becomes "Siri what's the weather report?"

Still, it'll be nice to see full location-awareness. It's not a big deal to wait though - good technology takes time, and Apple is willing to do that in order to get it right (um, recent battery woes notwithstanding).

devnu11

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Haptic Feedback & Siri Mute

First and foremost I wish for haptic feedback. Second I would like Siri to be able to turn on and off mute for the phone instead of that damn small switch on the side of the phone which is a you know what to reach with a case on the phone. *crosses fingers*

Autonuke

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
If I were head of customer relations at Apple I would give out a free Gum Pro to anyone who is having this issue (assuming they want to keep their phone) to get them by until a fix is available. I hope 5.0.2 lets me turn off 3G :mad:

rockametrics

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010
This.

Who wants to tell their phone to turn Wifi/Bluetooth/Airplane Mode/etc. to turn on/off???

Just please give me some buttons down in the multi-tasking tray or the Notifications shade.

Sincerely,
T

Me!!! That would be sweet! I miss SBS settings:(

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Thank you for not being a designer at Apple.
Although it does beg the question of how (if Siri is dependent on network connection) one would turn wifi back ON once its off.
Seems that that indicates that they might be putting a bit more local logic into Siri?

Add an additional page to the left of the music controls/volume slider in the multi-tasking tray. Was that so hard?

Add an option to display the toggles in the Notifications shade (see it would be an option just like the other widgets).

It's fine that they add the functionality to Siri, but please also add the functionality to iPhones that don't have Siri.:)

Sincerely,
Non-Apple Designer, T

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
I would enjoy having hardware toggles on the multi task tray, maybe a couple swipes to the left or so. But if not it would at least be nice to be able to do it with Siri.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

I hope that's not all in 5.1. It wouldn't give non-4S users any reason to update.

im pretty sure 5.1 will have other things besides new siri features. it probably will be out around the same time as the iPad 3 and that will have new features. there will probably be a ton of bug fixes too for iOS... hopefully the music app will be better!

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
First and foremost I wish for haptic feedback. Second I would like Siri to be able to turn on and off mute for the phone instead of that damn small switch on the side of the phone which is a you know what to reach with a case on the phone. *crosses fingers*

Really? You're going to mute your phone by SPEAKING to it and having it reply out loud "I will now mute your iPhone, devnu11."

:confused::confused::confused:

:D

Sincerely,
Wannabe Apple Designer, T

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
isn't siri mostly server-side?

Doesn't seem like they would need an iOS update to add functionality to siri, they should be able to do it on their end.

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
Maybe for a remote trigger, set the phone up for a photo, get people organized, "Siri, take picture", *click*. "Siri, zoom to 5 times and take picture" *click* :)

Also, if it could be used in a series of events like a macro, "Siri take picture and send to wife with message "Check out this sunset".

Then you'd have to shout at Siri. Does Siri understand shouting at distances of several meters?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
It's still quirky after 5.0.1.

If you toggle OFF 'Raise to Speak', it'll keep the sensor ON until the phone is power cycled.

I have not been able to get the sensor to stop firing while the screen is on no matter what I have Siri set too. Siri Off, Siri On Raise to Speak OFF. Needs to be fixed. Constant monitoring isn't helping the usage battery drain.

Wickedgardengtp

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
I hope the the long anticipated wait for the update to fix an increase of 2% battery life is worth it. 2 more min of Angry Birds should make everyone happier!:apple:

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
How effing lazy does a person have to be to ask Siri to take a picture for them? You have to be holding the phone to activate Siri and line up the shot - just press the camera button.

cire

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Thank you for not being a designer at Apple.
Although it does beg the question of how (if Siri is dependent on network connection) one would turn wifi back ON once its off.
Seems that that indicates that they might be putting a bit more local logic into Siri?

Actually, my first thought was that this probably meant this rumor was more wishful thinking. And please Apple, don't pollute the interface with buttons galore... This is so Windows thinking.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
How effing lazy does a person have to be to ask Siri to take a picture for them? You have to be holding the phone to activate Siri and line up the shot - just press the camera button.

It's not just the act of taking the photo, it's uploading it to Facebook, etc.

----------

There is also a bug where the speaker phone is left on for a while after Siri is used-this makes for very loud screen off sound.

fatlardo

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
OMG, can't wait for this update. I can barely get from 7am to 7pm with less than 20% battery. Horrible for me. :(

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
im pretty sure 5.1 will have other things besides new siri features. it probably will be out around the same time as the iPad 3 and that will have new features. there will probably be a ton of bug fixes too for iOS... hopefully the music app will be better!

my music app has been messed up since iOS5, and I'm on a iPhone4.
would be nice to maybe see siri come to the iphone4 (not likely)

i must admit, I'm still having battery issues, after 5.0.1
so will be nice to see it fixed,

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Group pic with u in it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.