Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillstatus

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Los Angeles
What does everyone's data usage on the to/from say for AT&T when you check your account? Mine says wap.cingular / Internet/MEdia Net. From reading the AnandTech review, the author states his phone is not using wap.cingular anymore:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4971/apple-iphone-4s-review-att-verizon/3

I also ran the field test and it says this for me (wap.cingular). I even called AT&T to have them specifically switch my data plan to "Unlimited Data for iPhone 4S" from the standard iPhone plan I had. I just think that this is restricting my data speeds and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue, and if they were able to correct it.

U9nt9.jpg

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Did you upgrade from an iPhone 4? If so, did you call AT&T to change your plan to the 4S plan? The main difference between wap.cingular" and "phone" is that "phone" supports HSPA+.

My usage report says "phone." If I put the SIM into another phone and access the web, it connects through wap.cingular.

chillstatus

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Los Angeles
Did you upgrade from an iPhone 4? If so, did you call AT&T to change your plan to the 4S plan? The main difference between wap.cingular" and "phone" is that "phone" supports HSPA+.

My usage report says "phone." If I put the SIM into another phone and access the web, it connects through wap.cingular.

Yeah I called AT&T to have it changed. I'm trying to change the APN using a site like unlockitz but it's giving me an error that I can't fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.