Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
As the title states, matched songs do not show up in my Music app on my iPhone 4s.

I have enabled the iTunes Match option on the iPhone settings.

I'm I doing something wrong?

papo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Solved:

You need to go to Settings>>>Store>>> & Enable the "Use Cellular Data" for iTunes Match feature.

That is, obviously, if you want to use without the need of Wi-Fi.
(Capped data users should be a little careful with this option.)

tiresias314

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I have this same problem: iTunes on the desktop says that many albums are "matched", but they don't appear in my Music app.

jwilcox09

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Boston
I have a similiar issue. An album will be matched and 80% of the songs will be available but some are just greyed out

phenixdragon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Doesn't fix it for me. Songs aren't showing up on my 4S. Nothing seems to happen.

I was able to fix it on mine. It wasn't actually having an issue, it was my fault for not having my phone selected to show me all music even if it wasn't downloaded.

efusco

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
Mine seems to be fixed after I did an "Update iMatch" through iTunes. it also uploaded the remaining songs it hadn't uploaded the first time (or is in the long process of doing so).

ER Doc

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Overland Park, KS
I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 4. I have all the correct settings (including "Show Me All Music"). However, only uploaded songs are showing up on my phone.

I'm running the "Update Match" on the Mac, but I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to access most of my music (as most of it is matched).

Thoughts, anyone?

mamrax

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2011
Having the same problem

I'm having the same problem on my 4S. My iPad setup perfectly but the phone is only seeing the itunes synced music.

sreser1987

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2011
Nothing new here

I am having the same issue with my Verizon iPhone 4S. My itunes match completed and nothing is showing up on my iphone. I have those settings changed as well.

nickpark

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2011
Utah
Same problem

I'm noticing specifically Band Of Horses. I have all albums & songs Matched and accounted for on my iMac. However, trying to find them on my iPhone 4, I'm only seeing one album and one track. This is the only one I've noticed so far, but I'm sure there will be more in the 20,000+ songs I have in iCloud now.

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Im on the iPhone 4s Att and Im only seeing the music iTunes Matched as well. My iPad shows both uploaded and matched. For some reason thou my iPhone only see the music that was matched by iTunes not to mention none of my album art is even syncing. I have to say I'm extremely dissapointed :mad:

OttoRules

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
This works for me.

I was only seeing 5 albums of 2,000+ on my iphone 4 and ipad music players after resyncing itunes match. What finally worked for me was simply rebooting the devices.

arnoldistuno

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
I am having the same problem... all settings are correct. Only one song of a "feed me" album is showing up! WTF!

mhazley

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012
I had same problem buddy - set it up a few days back and it instantly came up to my iPad but not to my iPhone...

It showed one song from a sonic youth album.

So - I mucked about for ages to no avail.

Ended up I did this and it worked.

• Turn OFF iTunes match on the phone
  • Select to Update iTunes match from Store menu in iTunes on your computer
  • wait till its done
  • turn on iTunes match on your phone

Might need a few tries but it worked for me.

gael

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2012
Thanks

@mhazley Thanks a lot, your tip worked for me: after turning off itunes match on my iPhone 4, updating match on iTunes and turning it back on my iPhone...

safia1230

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
thank you brother to shre such a great and use full sahring, i really like it and i find it very use full, thanks to macrumors forums, keep it up

bilbo--baggins

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Mine has albums missing if I search a-z by artist or album. But if I type in the name it shows up. Doesn't make sense.

pizza4all

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Syncing iTunes Match between iTunes and iPhone does not work for me. However, my Garage Band song shows up on my iPad. Same preferences as my iPhone, but song won't show up on iPhone. Weird...

Dafinman

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
I found all of the songs that weren't showing up on my phone were marked as being part of a compilation in Itunes. You can test this easily by looking under compilations(from the more button) on the iphone and you should see the albums there. You can fix this by going into itunes and using the get info function to deselect "part of a compilation".

The "feature" is there to to not have a bunch of artists showing up that only have maybe one song in your library. Strangley many of the albums marked as compilations only had one artist??:/

dabunique

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
My issue is that I'm missing my playlists. I created a new playlist, went to bed and when I woke up the new playlist wasn't there. I turned off my iTunes Match and when I turned it on, all the music was there but no playlists, I also notice that when the cloud shows up on the music app, it fills half way and then nuttin, anythin i could do to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.