Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCOTILLO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Houston, TX
I know that you can show facing pages using View>inspector>documents. But, this does not place the pages side by side, Is there any way that say page 1 and page 2 can be shown and worked on side by side so you do not have to scroll up and down to view them?

Geek 2.0

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2007
well, this reply is, oh, say, 3 years late... but anyway

I found this post while looking for the solution to this question, then found the answer.

You need to go to the bottom left corner and click the magnification % and check "One Up"

hehe i don't think i should be reviving this topic, but oh well...

jca488

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
east coast

I found this post while looking for the solution to this question, then found the answer.

You need to go to the bottom left corner and click the magnification % and check "One Up"

yay
thanks
i did this by accident. It worked well on my external screen but to do it on my 13 inch mac ... pain!
thanks again!
:apple:yum

davidjoho

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
Inconsistent menus

Very helpful, especially since the zoom menu in the bottom right is different from the View > Zoom menu. I didn't occcur to me that the 2-up choice might be on the bottom menu but not the top one.

So, thanks!

Riverside

macrumors member

Thank you for going against what you thought!

I'm a song writer, and need to keep up to five other audio applications running while reading my lyrics. One up on wide screens doesn't show enough of the song. I really need badly to be able to see the whole song so I don't have to scroll. This keeps my hands free to play and manipulate external audio interfaces.

By all means, if anyone else finds this, bump it up with a hearty "Thank you very much!" I'm sure there are a lot of others out there who don't realize this feature is in the program.

:D:apple::D:apple::):):)

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Thanks very much once again! This thread, more than 5 years old now, was the first link google offered when I asked it iwork pages side by side. So sweet!

FWIW, I wound up in the "two up" view when I inadvertently checked, and then unchecked, the "Facing Pages" option in the Document Inspector. Went a little batty for about 10 mins trying to find the option to undo the two-up view before coming across this thread.

Kudos!

karmaconnection

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Thank you, thank you!

Thank you, thank you. It saved me a lot of time so I'm glad you stopped by to answer. In fact u made me so happy that i registered in this forum just to thank u.

Best,

DNAS

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Looks like you reviving the topic after 3 years has made many people happy, including me (7 years after the original question and 4 years after your answer)!

:D

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Hi i want to know how you can center the page so that instead of there being grey space on the right, they will be on the left and right

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-15 at 5.53.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-15 at 5.53.17 PM.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 838
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.