Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macperegrine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
London, UK
This thread was not started by me. A Moderator (r.j.s i think) started it. I was not asked, and had no knowledge of it until I saw it posted, with text I had written in another thread quoted and with me as thread starter. All credit for the wallpaper goes to mricyfire. Please see below my reply to mricyfire which i have quoted from later in the thread.

Please give credit where credit is due.

Originals made by myself which can be found in the wallpaper thread here https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/13534067/

And proof of originality http://mricyfire.deviantart.com/

Started off as a tribute to my schoool.

I personally don't mind people using it hence why I posted, but credit would be nice.

Hello mricyfire,

I think this has been a bit of a misunderstanding. I am as surprised as you are to see this thread. I am not trying to take credit for your work, please see below for what happened:

1. A user in the main iPhone wallpapers thread posted your wallpaper, and asked if anyone could insert their name. I had no knowledge where the wallpaper came from, but thought sure I'll help him out by inserting his name. I did this for another 2 users, and then said I didn't want to do any more, so as not to clog the wallpaper thread.

2. Another user in that thread then asked how the text had been done. I then posted how I had done the text (which is the text posted in the first post of this thread).

3. I logged back in here after some time, to see that this thread had been posted, with me as the thread starter :confused: (As far as I can work out, the Moderator called r.j.s started this thread, please see here https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/13889429/ ) I certainly didn't start this thread.

So apologies from me to you, that an unfortunate series of events beyond my control make it look like I was trying to take credit for your work. I have no interest in doing that.

I hope this clears it up.

sincerely
Macperegrine

Last edited:

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
Of course I don't know which program Sulten used, but I used Photoshop to make the ones I posted on the previous page.

As an example, for my name which contains 9 characters I did the following:

1. Text layer with Myriad Pro Semibold (75 pt) as font. With a gradient overlay from R:79 G:78 B:78 to R: 58 G:58 B:58.

2. Apply an Inner Shadow with colour black, blend mode Normal. Opacity 87%. Angle 121. Distance 2px. Choke 0%. Size 4px.

3. Duplicate the text layer, and place it below the first layer, remove inner shadow.

4. To the duplicated layer, change the gradient overlay to one running from R:193 G:192 B:192 to R:255 G:255 B:255.

5. Increase font size on this new layer by 0.5 pt. For this example to 75.5 pt. then move the layer 1px down

6. Done

P.S. This was just a quick way I used, I'm sure someone has a different method.

Well I have to say you do good work my friend! Keep it up and thanks!!!

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
Of course I don't know which program Sulten used, but I used Photoshop to make the ones I posted on the previous page.

As an example, for my name which contains 9 characters I did the following:

1. Text layer with Myriad Pro Semibold (75 pt) as font. With a gradient overlay from R:79 G:78 B:78 to R: 58 G:58 B:58.

2. Apply an Inner Shadow with colour black, blend mode Normal. Opacity 87%. Angle 121. Distance 2px. Choke 0%. Size 4px.

3. Duplicate the text layer, and place it below the first layer, remove inner shadow.

4. To the duplicated layer, change the gradient overlay to one running from R:193 G:192 B:192 to R:255 G:255 B:255.

5. Increase font size on this new layer by 0.5 pt. For this example to 75.5 pt. then move the layer 1px down

6. Done

P.S. This was just a quick way I used, I'm sure someone has a different method.

Is it possible when you get time to do one with "LEON FLOYD" and another with "TYKISHA PITTMAN". I will stop bugging you after this. I know doing these are probably time consuming.

Thanks in advance!

macperegrine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
London, UK
Is it possible when you get time to do one with "LEON FLOYD" and another with "TYKISHA PITTMAN". I will stop bugging you after this. I know doing these are probably time consuming.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, no probs. I just didn't want to spam this thread with wallpapers that only one person could use (unless of course there are loads of people called Leon and Tykisha :)), and ruin the thread for everyone else. So last one of these "personal" ones I'll post here, in the interest of keeping the thread good for the majority.

Also, remember that if you don't have Photoshop (and want to do your own edits), I believe Gimp is a pretty good FREE piece of software you can use (disclaimer: haven't used it for a long time, but seem to remember that it is pretty good).

Attachments

• LEON_FLOYD.png
    LEON_FLOYD.png
    471.1 KB · Views: 369
  • TYKISHA.png
    TYKISHA.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 326

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
Would you be willing to zip the psd file and attach it here, for those who want to edit it themselves?

This this this. All day. Pretty please with cherries.

Anyway, here's my attempt, given those instructions. Thank goodness I know how to use Photoshop for real.

Attachments

• willtag.png
    willtag.png
    442.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

Sulten

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Someone posted wanting LEE wasn't sure if you wanted all caps or what if so just let me know

Attachments

• Lee.jpg
    Lee.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 321

Sulten

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Here is Jon and Jonathan

Attachments

• Joh.jpg
    Joh.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 321
  • Johathan.jpg
    Johathan.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 311

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I would love one with Devin and one with Kira if you can,
Or i would love the PSD so i could do it. Thanks!

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
Since I got the adobe file I made a few myself last night. Here are a few for others to use.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321875879.016310.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321875879.016310.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 398
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321875895.643298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321875895.643298.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 540

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
I know I will get tongue lashed for asking for this...it's not for me though. It's for a female friend lol. Can someone do one with the ANDROID symbol instead of the APPLE symbol??? Then put TYRIE for the text. They liked how it looked on my iPhone. So they want one too lol.

FYDave

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
I'd appreciate it tremendously if you could do one with like this:

dream.

Just like that. With the period at the end and no capitals.

And one with iPhone 4S and Dave underneath it.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.