Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AiliBi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
In mail, i can only save to Downloads or a folder on the same level. It won't let me choose a subfolder or create a folder like i could before. Same thing when i try to save a file. When i'm using Adobe CS3 applications i swich to the adobe dialog boxes but this seems so stupid.

This is a HUGE time waster for me. I deal with a projects that involve a great quantity of files that need a lot of folder organization. Is this something to do with stacks? Am i being required to think differently? Help!

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
To expand the Save options, click the arrow to the right of the text box where you choose the file name.

AiliBi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
but i can't choose subfolders or create a new folder like i could before.

edited to add: Oh THAT button. The one next to the file name. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Autumn Oaks

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Same problem, checked Google and you guys came up. Karenflower, you're so right and AiliBi, very funny & thanks for making me smile. Problem quickly solved.....:)

Greentrees

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2011
Not true

It is not true that the little drop down box will bring up subfolders when you are using "Save Link As" from a document on the web. The options Documents are there, but I can not get the subfolders to appear!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It is not true that the little drop down box will bring up subfolders when you are using "Save Link As" from a document on the web. The options Documents are there, but I can not get the subfolders to appear!

First, this thread is ancient. Second, it is absolutely true. You're probably not clicking on the correct button. It's just to the right of the name of the file you're saving.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.