Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Ordered Vapor pro from Jacky Nie free shipping on 11-6-11.
Account showed it shipped 11-7-11 and got tracking number.
Arrived today.
Everything looks good. Got all the goodies (case, allen wrench/keychain, extra screws, soft case, ultrasuede backplate, and certificate of authenticity LOL). I got all silver. There might be a slight difference in the silver from one half to the other. Nothing I'm going to worry about. Fits good. Everything snug, no looseness anywhere. Sleep button works good, no looseness there either. I don't see any drop in signal in my house using the bars on the phone or the field test method. It has the longer plastic piece.
Overall, I'm extremely happy with the merchandice received for the money spent. If the real thing is any better, I don't see how it could be that much better. Certainly not $125 better. Honestly, the only thing I can see that is negative, if you want to call it that, is the very slight difference in silver from one half to the other. But if you're getting two different colors, then that wouldn't exist. I'd buy another one.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
Thats weird you all are getting bad products!

My order was pretty fine. Im pretty content with spending $40 on two very nice cases shipped.

I did have slight problems with the cleave but I have fixed it and told myself its not bad for the price. My black element vapor pro looks AMAZING. everything lines up, does not wiggle, and even had some compliments from it this weekend.

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Have you ever held real carbon fiber? It's very light and feels plastic-like, but it demands a premium.

Invalid comparison. Both the fake and real Vapor Pro are made from aluminum. The only difference would the process in which it is made.

You are using an analogy comparing fake carbon fiber to real carbon fiber. These knock-off Elements aren't fake aluminum.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
here are the pics for the blue vapor pro received from jackie nie

photo2pzb.jpg

photo1ob.jpg

turftoe

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
here are the pics for the blue vapor pro received from jackie nie

I also bought my case from Jacky Nie and it came with the short RF insert. Is your insert sliding out from the aluminum piece? From your pictures, it looks like it is just a little. Mine does this when I tighten the screws. The fit is very tight with absolutely no movement, even without any padding, which I assume is reason for the insert sliding out.

tizzl10

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
ordered 2 cases vapor pros from yoyobase on the 5th of november. they made it all the way to maryland and now USPS lost the package. bastards. :mad:

duellos

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2011
ordered 2 cases vapor pros from yoyobase on the 5th of november. they made it all the way to maryland and now USPS lost the package. bastards. :mad:

Unusually place to order from. So far Aliexpress has been doing well for everyone. Also communication has been well too.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I also bought my case from Jacky Nie and it came with the short RF insert. Is your insert sliding out from the aluminum piece? From your pictures, it looks like it is just a little. Mine does this when I tighten the screws. The fit is very tight with absolutely no movement, even without any padding, which I assume is reason for the insert sliding out.

actually now that you mention it, it is bulging out a little from the aluminum part.

Kenji458

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Invalid comparison. Both the fake and real Vapor Pro are made from aluminum. The only difference would the process in which it is made.

You are using an analogy comparing fake carbon fiber to real carbon fiber. These knock-off Elements aren't fake aluminum.

Aluminium comes in different grades and I presently have the Black Vapor Comp and had (sold) my fake Red/Gray Pro from Aliexpress.

The AL from aliexpress is much heavier than that of ElementCase. Additionally, I had an all black pro fake too and had to return it as even the replacement screwdriver was too small to engage the screw grooves. Gave up after waiting for another wk or so for the replacement driver to arrive. Guess I had no luck with the fakes lol

The all Black Fake's quality was good considering the price but too bad the screws wouldn't budge..

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Aluminium comes in different grades and I presently have the Black Vapor Comp and had (sold) my fake Red/Gray Pro from Aliexpress.

The AL from aliexpress is much heavier than that of ElementCase. Additionally, I had an all black pro fake too and had to return it as even the replacement screwdriver was too small to engage the screw grooves. Gave up after waiting for another wk or so for the replacement driver to arrive. Guess I had no luck with the fakes lol

The all Black Fake's quality was good considering the price but too bad the screws wouldn't budge..

I know aluminum comes in different grades. I was just pointing out the absurdity of using the analogy comparing fake carbon fiber to real carbon fiber to these fake cases vs the real ones.

Carbon fiber also comes in different grades. BMW is currently working on a car with a carbon fiber that is 1 grade below space-grade. Actually, they already have it made as a concept.

People are just exaggerating in order to try and steer people away from the Chinese knock-offs. These fake cases are well worth their price (as long as you guys are only paying around $23).

This thread is not about the quality vs the real ones. It's about reviews of the knock-offs. Nobody here doubts the superior quality of the genuine cases. They better be superior for the price premium.

People are looking for what's good enough for the money here. Trying to weed out the bad sellers that are selling very poor quality cases.

Keep the anti Chinese knock-off rants out of this thread please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I know aluminum comes in different grades. I was just pointing out the absurdity of using the analogy comparing fake carbon fiber to real carbon fiber to these fake cases vs the real ones.

Carbon fiber also comes in different grades. BMW is currently working on a car with a carbon fiber that is 1 grade below space-grade. Actually, they already have it made as a concept.

People are just exaggerating in order to try and steer people away from the Chinese knock-offs. These fake cases are well worth their price (as long as you guys are only paying around $23).

This thread is not about the quality vs the real ones. It's about reviews of the knock-offs. Nobody here doubts the superior quality of the genuine cases. They better be superior for the price premium.

People are looking for what's good enough for the money here. Trying to weed out the bad sellers that are selling very poor quality cases.

Keep the anti Chinese knock-off rants out of this thread please. I talked to the mods and since I was reported for "insults", I will be reporting all off-topic rants about how the genuine cases are much better.

I agree. I wonder how many actual manufacturers in China are making these knockoffs? I'd bet that most if not all of the ALiexpress sellers get them from the same place. Is it possible that that same manufacturer makes them for Element, and the ones that are selling cheap did not pass quality control? Just a thought. I am happy with the 3 cases I received from jackie Nei. They are not perfect, but for the price, they are nice.
Let's keep those pics coming!

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
A couple of sellers told me that dealers are most likely purchasing from the same factory. They said that they know for sure some of their competitors are.

I don't think the genuine cases come from the same factory. The paint alone is a dead giveaway that they don't.

However, my point still stands. Knock-off or not, if you get a good case through a good seller, the $23 price tag is worth it.

It's enough for me to purchase Chinese specific designs if they start selling them. I think they should start designing their own cases. I'd be interested after seeing what I can get for my money.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
A couple of sellers told me that dealers are most likely purchasing from the same factory. They said that they know for sure some of their competitors are.

I don't think the genuine cases come from the same factory. The paint alone is a dead giveaway that they don't.

However, my point still stands. Knock-off or not, if you get a good case through a good seller, the $23 price tag is worth it.

It's enough for me to purchase Chinese specific designs if they start selling them. I think they should start designing their own cases. I'd be interested after seeing what I can get for my money.

ANyone check the paint yet for lead???? Wouldn't that just figure. Lead paint on toys, dangerous drywall, and now what is next?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Hey Bro!

Yes, it's me (or that's me...) :) Figured I'd shop and get a case in advance of the actual phone (waiting for Dec 1st to order fully subsidized).

good to see you, and i assume you havent gone through all 50 odd pages so if you need some pics of some cases let me know, i currently have 3 of these bad boys.

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
You have an obvious agenda against Chinese knock-offs Lindenhurst.

I would like to point out that your iPhone is made in China. Please stop with your propaganda now.

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
I agree. I wonder how many actual manufacturers in China are making these knockoffs? I'd bet that most if not all of the ALiexpress sellers get them from the same place. Is it possible that that same manufacturer makes them for Element, and the ones that are selling cheap did not pass quality control?

Elementcase very clearly states/claims that their cases are made in the USA. I would have thought you knew that...

Last edited:

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Dont want to hijack this thread with Vapor 4's however I received my Vapor 4 order from Ada Li arrived today.

The cases cost something like $5.90 each....so my order total was less than $12 for 2 of these cases. I got 2 in silver, although looking back i should have got one in a different colour.

cedb56bf.jpg

a7144f43.jpg

I have a 4S and there is no effect on signal or wifi using this case....so far. Will have to test outside for the next few days to see if this holds true.

Case quality is....well, excellent to be honest, fitment is flush and no issues at all with it. For the price i am very impressed.

It does look great in silver though doesnt it!

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
Dont want to hijack this thread with Vapor 4's however I received my Vapor 4 order from Ada Li arrived today.

The cases cost something like $5.90 each....so my order total was less than $12 for 2 of these cases. I got 2 in silver, although looking back i should have got one in a different colour.

I have a 4S and there is no effect on signal or wifi using this case....so far. Will have to test outside for the next few days to see if this holds true.

Case quality is....well, excellent to be honest, fitment is flush and no issues at all with it. For the price i am very impressed.

do you have a link to where you bought yours by chance?

Last edited:

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Nice. That's another regular vapor 4 model from china that looks great. I ordered a white one and it just arrived in the states. Excited to see it. Although mine cost more than yours! Please link as I'm interested in other colors if the 4 is good. The more I look at the 4, the more I prefer it over the pro.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
do you have a link to where you bought yours by chance?

Nice. That's another regular vapor 4 model from china that looks great. I ordered a white one and it just arrived in the states. Excited to see it. Although mine cost more than yours! Please link as I'm interested in other colors if the 4 is good. The more I look at the 4, the more I prefer it over the pro.

you know what he/she isnt selling them for that cheap anymore. Here is the link to the store:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/708161

The cheapest i can see on aliexpress at the moment is here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...one-4G-aluminium-bumper-film-wholesalers.html

5 cases for $36, so just over $7 each...

And i agree actually, the Vapor 4 looks nicer on the phone in terms of flushness with the besel. also doesnt look as bulky as the vapor pro.

Mr. Scott

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2011

a7144f43.jpg

That's the bright finish that should be on all the Silver cases. Too bad the copies are so inconsistent. If my Vapor Pro copy would have had that finish, I may have kept it.

Apple improved the antennas on the 4S so a Vapor 4 may work fine. I have seen other people report that the Vapor 4 works fine with the 4S.
For what it's worth, Element discontinued the Vapor 4 from their line. I would guess it was because of all the signal issues with the iPhone 4.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
You have an obvious agenda against Chinese knock-offs Lindenhurst.

I would like to point out that your iPhone is made in China. Please stop with your propaganda now.

I bought 3 cases from Jacky Nie on Aliexpress, so I obviously have no agenda against the knockoffs. What I have an agenda against is you starting this thread to push your sellers cases, when a thread with over 130,000 views already exists.

----------

Elementcase very clearly states/claims that their cases are made in the USA. I would have thought you knew that...

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.