Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makman8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Noho CA
I recently acquired a broken iPhone 4 from one of my friends, he mentioned it was damaged by water but didn't elaborate on what type of water damage and how long ago it happened. I took apart the back and noticed the insides were a bit rusted and there was a blueish tint to some of the parts as well. I would like to fix the phone or try to figure out what part I would need to replace to get the phone back up and running. I took it into a store and they said it couldn't be fixed...now I'm sure the whole phone isn't a waste, I just wanna know if I need to replace the battery, logic board, or the power connector part to get it to work.

I have tried to plug it into a computer but nothing shows up and it also doesn't hold a charge or light up.

Let me know if any of you experienced tinkers can help fix this phone, my last resort would be taking it in to swap out for $150. When I would rather learn how to fix it :) Thanks for your time reading and let me know if you have any other questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.