Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cactus33

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hi,

I just got a new 4S, and use my father's iTunes store account for iTunes purchases (as I don't have a credit card), but I use my own iCloud account. The problem I have, is that all of his contacts have somehow made their way to my phone, and I have no way of deleting them. I have tried to sign out of iCloud etc and turn off contact syncing, but they remain. I have also gone to the contacts section under the 'info' tab on iTunes when syncing the device, but that does not help either.

Any help or advice? They are clogging up my contact list.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
on the phone itself you have to go to contacts then select one and "edit". Scrolling down to the bottom you will see "delete contact".

Not sure about doing it in iTunes. sorry.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
In Itunes

Hi,

I just got a new 4S, and use my father's iTunes store account for iTunes purchases (as I don't have a credit card), but I use my own iCloud account. The problem I have, is that all of his contacts have somehow made their way to my phone, and I have no way of deleting them. I have tried to sign out of iCloud etc and turn off contact syncing, but they remain. I have also gone to the contacts section under the 'info' tab on iTunes when syncing the device, but that does not help either.

Any help or advice? They are clogging up my contact list.

Connect using the cable.

When the phone appears, choose "Restore"

Then choose "Setup as new phone (you will have to name it, but that can be changed later)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.