Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Emerson:

ATT
28% on monthly stuff, this used to be 30% for us I think (edit: ATT site says it is 30%, hr must be out of date or something)
50% on some phones, not iphone obviously.
30% on accessories that att sells. (edit2: excluding apple branded accessories, bah)

Verizon
24% on monthly stuff
25% on accessories
free shipping

Sprint
20% off monthly sprint/nextel plans
not clear on anything else

For my use go phone is still cheaper.

Last edited:

Allenz

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
I don't understand how simply responding to a thread would get me a -2 rating.

Anyway, what exactly is a "fan" discount? I assume that it is a employee discount of some sort but what does "fan" stand for?

I do not have a "fan" discount but my corporate concessions discount is %50 off everything. All the plans (voice, data, messaging etc.) are just cut in half.

Is this the same thing as a "fan"?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Funny thing is that when the iPhone 3G was released (2008), Apple was having activation issues and asked everyone in line to call AT&T and remove any FAN discounts from our account (as Apple believed this was the problem for the Server issue), so I had to remove it. Then one day in Nov/Dec 2009, the FAN discount just reappeared back on my account.
I had the same thing happen to me back then. It was supposed to get removed but it never did. The funny thing is I have an old discount from my wife's old, old company and I even called at&t to tell them she didn't work there anymore. They were supposed to remove it but never did so it stays on.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010

Anyway, what exactly is a "fan" discount? I assume that it is a employee discount of some sort but what does "fan" stand for?

I do not have a "fan" discount but my corporate concessions discount is %50 off everything. All the plans (voice, data, messaging etc.) are just cut in half.

Is this the same thing as a "fan"?

A FAN number is a Foundation Account Number, which gives you a discount on your plan, and can give you a discount on phones and accessories too.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

Ok, let me see if I can illustrate.

"I get 110% AT&T Corporate discount. AT&T actually pays me to use their service."

Let's see how this one rates.

Also, I don't think FAN and being an AT&T employee are the same.

CuppyCake

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2010
Washington, DC
15% Department of Transportation

You have to submit an email address that is associated with the FAN account to receive the discount. AT&T sends an email which you must click the link to verify your relationship and 5 business days DISCOUNT.

Allenz

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Ok, let me see if I can illustrate.

"I get 110% AT&T Corporate discount. AT&T actually pays me to use their service."

Let's see how this one rates.

Also, I don't think FAN and being an AT&T employee are the same.

Oh I get it, you are calling me a liar. lol, ok. I guess I could just post my wireless bill as a response to the thread. Shouldn't have to do that lol.

Ok, then that explains why I don't know what FAN is. I have a concessions discount for being a corporate employee. So I guess my FAN discount is 0%

Last edited:

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Oh I get it, you are calling me a liar. lol, ok. I guess I could just post my wireless bill as a response to the thread. Shouldn't have to do that lol.

Ok, then that explains why I don't know what FAN is. I have a concessions discount for being a corporate employee. So I guess my FAN discount is 0%

No, not calling you a liar. Just that sharing your AT&T discount on a FAN discount thread could be perceived negatively. :D i actually think its cool AT&T gives its employees such good discounts. When I worked for them many years ago, they didn't. But then again cellphones weren't very big back then... ;)

reaganomics

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
My boyfriend gets a FAN discount through school, but the account is in my name. Is it possible to use his discount on my account?

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Our FAN used to allow yearly upgrades. Its now every 18 months, what is everyone's upgrade schedule on their fANs?

shsgryph93

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
30% service and 30% on accessories

I've got a 30% discount on both accessories and service, working for a child company in mass communications, our discount is bigger than ATT's Storefront employees'.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I get 25% discount on primary line for voice and 25% discount on each line of grandfathered unlimited data.

I get 50% discount on accessories.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Fiancé gets 20 percent works at nyp hospital. Used to get 24 but it dropped to 20

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
25% voice, 25% each data, 35% accessories, 50% off retail price of phone without contract. (galaxy s3 is $275+tax no contract)

itsLouieV

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
22% as a citi employee... but now that i know USPS gets 25 and considering i have a USPS employee on my plan i will be making a few calls...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.