Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
My iphone 4S is not connecting to secured home wifi (connects to unsecured fine). I tried WPA and WPA2 and it says incorrect password (checked password bilion times). I tried resetting network settings several times, used a different router. NO luck. Only my iphone has this problem. Tried 3 other iphones on the same network and they are connecting. It connects to secured network at my school fine. Any ideas?

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
try settings > general > reset > Reset Network settings.

if that doesn't work, try Reset all settings

if that doesn't work, try restoring phone from stock firmware.

does your router have MAC filtering or other security features that might be blocking your iPhone but not others?

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
try settings > general > reset > Reset Network settings.

if that doesn't work, try Reset all settings

if that doesn't work, try restoring phone from stock firmware.

does your router have MAC filtering or other security features that might be blocking your iPhone but not others?

The old router had MAC filtering disabled and so does the brand new router. Looks like the only option left is to restore from backup. Would my contacts be backed on the computer when Itunes make the backup ?

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
The old router had MAC filtering disabled and so does the brand new router. Looks like the only option left is to restore from backup. Would my contacts be backed on the computer when Itunes make the backup ?

if you synced with itunes, then yes your contacts would be back up.

Sticman

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2008
My iphone 4S is not connecting to secured home wifi (connects to unsecured fine). I tried WPA and WPA2 and it says incorrect password (checked password bilion times). I tried resetting network settings several times, used a different router. NO luck. Only my iphone has this problem. Tried 3 other iphones on the same network and they are connecting. It connects to secured network at my school fine. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, except none of the three iphones in the house will connect to the Apple Time Capsule. The Macbooks all connect fine with the time capsule but not the iphones or ipad.

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Looks like I have to update to latest firmware if I restore which I don't want to (for jailbreaking purposes). Any other option that doesn't require restore? This problem is annoying. I don't see a reason why only my phone doesn't connect at home (connects elsewhere fine).

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Download the firmware you want/need. Hold shift while clicking the restore button. You will be asked for a specific file. Find the firmware you just downloaded.

lefranc

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2011
Turn off BlueTooth

I had this same wifi problem. Turn off your Bluetooth, then access your home WIFI, worked for me instantly.
Specifically for the technocrati, I have a iphone 4s, a Uverse 2wire router, and an additional WIFI access point above my garage with a different name.

Oddly, the access point above my garage would connect, only the wifi from my router had problems.

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I can't get my iphone to restore. Itunes is giving 3194 error.

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
I can't get my iphone to restore. Itunes is giving 3194 error.

If you don't have the SHSH for an older iOS-version, you can try iFaith: http://ih8sn0w.com/

You need the SHSH for restoring to an older iOS version. Ex: You have iOS 5.0 installed, you want to restore to iOS 5.0 so you need the SHSH for iOS 5.0.

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
If you don't have the SHSH for an older iOS-version, you can try iFaith: http://ih8sn0w.com/

You need the SHSH for restoring to an older iOS version. Ex: You have iOS 5.0 installed, you want to restore to iOS 5.0 so you need the SHSH for iOS 5.0.

Looks like iFaith doesn't support iphone 4S. I got an unsupported device error.

iprime

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
The iphone 4S is now connecting to my home wifi. Strangely, I haven't done anything to it or the router. :confused:

StefanfromCur

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
Iphone 4s not connection to Internet via TC

Hi,

I have read many, many posts on issues with connecting an Iphone 4s to the time capsule and unfortunately, I still haven't found the solution. My Iphone connects to the WIFI the TC is providing but thats about it, it will not give me internet access. The strangest part is that when I just got my Iphone it worked perfectly for 3 days and then it stopped working all of a sudden.

I tried amending the frequency, the channels, my mac filter is not on etc...

I hope anyone can help because I almost regret replacing my BB with an Iphone now....

Thanks!

madizm83

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
here is the solution....just for JB iphone 4s

Iv been searching for a solution myself for more than 24 hours work. Read in a lot of forums and followed everything people say, but it was useless. i lost hope then called apple tech for help and they gave me the same stupid stuff iv been seeing everywhere in internet.

So, i lost hope and i went to cydia trying to see if there something that maybe by chance may work, finally, i installed "Pushfix" and im connected again to wifi.

my problem was that i coudn't connect to 2.4 ghz wifi with a password and keeps saying Incorrect Password over and over gain even im sure its correct.

So give it a shot, install Pushfix and let me know, i believe u can uninstall it after.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.