Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WZRD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Last night I was just using my MacBook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when I was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a MacBook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

I got it only 4 months ago..

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Try Plugging In The Magsafe

Last night I was just using my MacBook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when I was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a MacBook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

And then press and hold down the power button. If that won't bring it back to life then it's still covered under warranty, take it back.

WZRD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
How long am I suppose to hold it down for? I seriously have to take it to get fixed? Are macs really this weak?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hold It Down

How long am I suppose to hold it down for? I seriously have to take it to get fixed? Are macs really this weak?

For 10 seconds or so, if that won't bring it back to life, then yes you will have to return it. You have just been unlucky, macs are usually rock solid. Best to get it fixed now, while you have cover. Hope it works out for you!

praetorx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I have experienced the opposite with my last 2010 MBP where I couldn't power it down. The thing had frozen and wouldn't turn off anymore. I had to leave it be for the battery to completely discharge.

md301

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2011
last night i was just using my macbook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when i was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a macbook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

i had mine repaired by apple few days ago... It was a simple malfunction.

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
The last time I had a portable Mac repaired (a G4 iBook) I called Apple and a pre-paid shipping box arrived the next day. The repair took three days: one day going, one day there and one day coming back. No Worries!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.