Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funkymunkee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I have a new iPhone 4S and I am unable to get apps because there is no app store installed on the phone. I purchased the phone brand new. In settings App Store exists but it is not to be found anywhere on the phone. I have tried to download a few apps I would like e.g. Skype and I get a message saying "Safari cannot open the page as the address is invalid." Please help. I am new at this and I do not know of anyone else who has had this problem, and I am unsure if I am just missing something simple. Thanks.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
are parental controls turned on? if they are app store could be disabled in there.

Try a restore through iTunes, if that doesn't work, you're going to need to get it replaced.

Funkymunkee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks so much, that was it, parental controls were on! I'm so glad it was something simple. I locked down the phone before I figured out how to passcode lock it because my 6 year old won't leave my husband's android alone and I didn't want him to do anything to my phone before I could protect it.

Thank you!!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.