Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've had my MBA for about 3 months not and the screen is always dirty!

I wipe it with a microfiber cloth but spots keep returning all the time. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong - I take good care of it, it's always in a sleeve, I wipe it down very frequently (few times a week), I don't smoke or have a dirty apartment and most importantly I don't eat while at the computer.

I also don't touch the screen with my hands and I wash my hands. But still, the screen has these word spots on it. I'm sure they are external (they appear on the screen rather than under) because I can wipe them off, but they just keep coming back.

Pic:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I can't really see but is it not just more dust collecting?
If it is dust behind the screen then Apple may be able to do something for you, provided you are still covered by Apple care?

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I can't really see but is it not just more dust collecting?
If it is dust behind the screen then Apple may be able to do something for you, provided you are still covered by Apple care?

No, the small white spots are actually hard stains (if that's what you can call it), not just dust.

I have to really dig in with the cloth to get them out and they appear at random places all over the screen. Often they appear on top of the screen which is out of the keyboard's reach when the lid is closed.

I do still have Applecare since it was bought in August.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.