Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hayes Bartlett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hi, i've been trying to set up my wireless Xbox-360 controller with a USB cord that connects from the USB of the mac to the Xbox controller. My plan is to use it with Minecraft. I've used GamePad companion, ABGX360 GUI, USB Overdrive and so on... im wondering if there are any drivers that will work with the wireless controller with the cord to USB instead of the wireless reciver.
Really anything will help.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
You using the plug and charge cable to do this because that cable transmits no data, i believe you have yo use a wireless receiver.

mdaviswv

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
Minecraft on mac

I'm considering buying a used macbook for my 8yr old to make sure he gets started off on the right foot. I use a late 07 macbook black and he currently monkies around on an even older pc laptop from before my days of enlightenment here. Anyway, he really wants to play minecraft but instead has been playing Fortress Craft on Xbox 360. I want to get him something new at Christmas and am considering a used macbook which would probably end up being an 07 as well. I guess what I'm asking since you have experience with mine craft, is it a safe bet that the game will play ok on an older macbook? I haven't let him put it on this one because I'm not ready to lose my computer every evening. Let me know your thoughts if you don't mind. Thanks!
Mike

Hayes Bartlett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm considering buying a used macbook for my 8yr old to make sure he gets started off on the right foot. I use a late 07 macbook black and he currently monkies around on an even older pc laptop from before my days of enlightenment here. Anyway, he really wants to play minecraft but instead has been playing Fortress Craft on Xbox 360. I want to get him something new at Christmas and am considering a used macbook which would probably end up being an 07 as well. I guess what I'm asking since you have experience with mine craft, is it a safe bet that the game will play ok on an older macbook? I haven't let him put it on this one because I'm not ready to lose my computer every evening. Let me know your thoughts if you don't mind. Thanks!
Mike
Im currently running a 2009 Macbook with my RAM upgraded to 4Gb. The 2007 Mac is good but if you got 4Gb of ram you will be set for it (i believe it only has 1Gb). Its not very costly and is easy to install if you look for a tutorial on Youtube.
-Hayes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.