Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
My in-laws got a new Apple TV recently and I helped them set it up. I got it to the point where they are able to see all their content on their iMac. Recently they just purchased an HD movie on the iMac/iTunes and after downloading it (which took very long), it does not show up on the Apple TV. The other movies do show up.

Some additional information. They have a very slow internet connection. Its around 2MBps! Because of this, I set their Apple TV iTunes Store resolution to SD (under Settings>General>iTunes Store>Video Resolution). This way when they rent movies they will automatically get the SD version.

Is this setting by any chance causing the HD movies on their iMac to not show up? If so it seems like a bug since the setting is only for the iTunes Store on the Apple TV.

If this is not the reason, does anyone have any other ideas why the older movies on their iMac/iTunes show up on Apple TV but the newly purchased one doesn't?

Kan-O-Z

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Anyone that has HD movies purchased from iTunes and the latest Apple TV willing to give this a try. That is, set the Apple TV to SD and see if you can see HD content from your iTunes on your computer.

If that doesn't work, can you click the airplay icon in iTunes and play it that way?

Kan-O-Z

slothrob

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
With SD selected in the Settings for the iTunes Store on the aTV, I can see HD content I bought from Apple under My Computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.