Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
I know there's been Netflix issues with some shows, has anyone seen a fix yet?

I've already viewed and searched the forum and tried everything there.

I haven't watched Fraiser in a week, but it will allow me to watch all the spongebob I want...

Just curious is anyone has heard from apple or Netflix about this issue?

I am thankful its not just me

slothrob

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
Have you used the Report Problem link on Netflix to inform them of the issues you are having?

I doubt Apple has anything to do with the Netflix files.

crewkid89

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
United States
There is a thread earlier regarding this I believe.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1284765/

It looks like Netflix is aware of the problem. I too waiting for the fix, can't watch Family Guy and Top Gear currently.

That's so odd because I watch both of those shows frequently on my apple tv. It seems to be completely arbitrary as to what shows have the problems.

----------

Have you used the Report Problem link on Netflix to inform them of the issues you are having?

I doubt Apple has anything to do with the Netflix files.

Unfortunately their support system is pretty sloppy. There is no way to let them know what exactly is occurring. The best I could do is report a quality problem with the show.

rayyu882

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
Restore the Apple TV firmware back to 4.4.2 fixed my problem. Shows that gave me problem on Netflix previously now working fine.

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
I found a thread at that had the different software updates but could not find instructions on how to do it.

Mine went funky before I updated. I updated hoping to solve the problem

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
I too had been having trouble streaming Star Trek TNG. Followed rayyu882's tip and restored to 4.2.2 and it went right back to working fine.

Lesson learned? Never update Atv firmware unless absolutely necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.