Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
If anyone would like to see the black field case with the white iphone, let me know. I can take pictures in the morning and post them. I'm at work, so I can't post pictures today.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
just got my fde field in, really liking the color. Thought it would be more sand/beige colored but still looks good. We should get a collection of all the colors since the website does not make it clear.

Got it from their site so I'm guessing its the revised version (part # 451)

now just to take off the defender...

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Here is the black field case on the white iPhone 4s.

Attachments

• 100_3741.JPG
    100_3741.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_3742.JPG
    100_3742.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_3743.JPG
    100_3743.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_3744.JPG
    100_3744.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_3745.JPG
    100_3745.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 81

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
I've been using the black executive field case for my 4s for about 2 weeks now and I'd really like to hand it to magpul for making such an awesome accessory out of the blue. It feels very nice in my hand, to the point where I'll just take my phone out to feel the case. Magpulphilia anyone? ;)

judgecrandall

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Any recommendations on the cheapest place to get the newest version of the Executive Case? Seems like a lot of places are still selling the old version, and unfortunately, Magpul's shipping cost is kinda high. Preferably in foliage, since it seems to go the best with the white iPhone.

Last edited:

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Any recommendations on the cheapest place to get the newest version of the Executive Case? Seems like a lot of places are still selling the old version, and unfortunately, Magpul's shipping cost is kinda high. Preferably in foliage, since it seems to go the best with the white iPhone.

just order from the magpul website

last night i ordered the foliage and orange field case, and with shipping it only cost $26...2 cases for less than the cheapest case sold at the apple store

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va

I bought mine from their official ebay store. Comes out to $14 shipped. Saves a few bucks over their website for an individual case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Magpul-...Accessories&hash=item3a6950b0d2#ht_2541wt_205

And yes it is the new version despite the pics. I contacted them via email before I bought it and they confirmed that they just hadn't gotten around to updating the pictures.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
I bought mine from their official ebay store. Comes out to $14 shipped. Saves a few bucks over their website for an individual case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Magpul-...Accessories&hash=item3a6950b0d2#ht_2541wt_205

And yes it is the new version despite the pics. I contacted them via email before I bought it and they confirmed that they just hadn't gotten around to updating the pictures.

If I pull the trigger on this case then I'll use this site. Thanks!

I own both of them and the Ion4 is, to me, far better looking, and unquestionably, more protective. However, there is a relatively significant price difference.

How much more is the Ion4?

I just purchased the Magpul Field Case, and I have to say, I am more satisfied with this $10 case than I was with my $30 Otterbox Commuter.

I would say they offer fairly good drop protection. As good as the Otterbox Commuter? No. But from a normal drop....

I guess this Otterbox is the third one I should consider.

sheltem

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
For the money.... you will not be disappointed.

The foilage case looks amazing with the white iPhone! Thanks again for your pictures.

I ordered mine from this seller. It's the same price as the official ebay Magpul storefront, but the shipping is free, in case you want to return the case and not get hit with both shipping charges.

ahfunaki

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2009
Just to add to this thread. I picked up a Executive in Orange for my white 4S and it's awesome.

Highly recommend this company for a case...

Last edited:

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
The field case is a little more robust and has a deeper lip.

Good to know. i love my executive and it looks like Im going to spring for an orange field case as well :D Very impressed with the magpul everytime I use it. I like switching cases often, but I find myself staying with the Magpul case longer than any other case.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I have a field case that is great, but it completely screws up flash photos. The lip looks to be more than far enough back from the flash and camera to not be an issue but each and every flash photo has a weird haze to it that is ONLY present with case on phone (and I just went from 4 to 4S and problem persists so it isn't the phone)

Thoughts or fixes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.